Do Not Sell My Personal Information

37 Mpg On 1.8 Tdci 2009 Mk4

pauld2411

Hi all , im getting only about 37 MPG and get some black smoke at 2000 RPM and smoky on start up , i blanked off the EGR thinking it would help but i still get a smoky Mondeo and the smell is bad (like following an old transit van), to me its a air or fuel mix problem , there is slight loss of power daily for a second or 2 when you are driving , Ford previously couldnt find a problem and couldnt fidn the fault , i have had 2 engine malfunction amber lights in the last year with the loss of power but didnt have my OBD2 to read the fault each time , without a fault code not sure of the problem , could this be either a turbo hose problem , i cant see anything wrong with the hose , or could this be the MAF sensor or other

June 2009 MK4 TDCI Mondeo

check the turbo intercooler pipe and hoses. These are most likely the culrpits, one of these at least will likely have a tiny split!

I had the same issue on my CMAX (see my signature about replacing an intercooler pipe). I had the same issues, underpowered as well as smoke, EGR helped a little but not as much as I hoped. Replaced the pipe and it was perfect.

• Like 1

I have 2.0 mk4 tdci which only gets about 39 on motorway don't know about any smoke but is hesitant if I put too much power on in 5th and 6th gears 2009 59 plate 37000 on clock

Never had any warning lights come on

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club