Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Name: paul
  • Ford Model: c- max
  • Year: 2005

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

have you thought about getting it scanned for any fault codes in lock/regulator ?

paul

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,220 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

It's a mechanical part that I don't believe is sensor monitored

#18 tigrepojke

tigrepojke

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Tigre
  • Ford Model: C-Max
  • Year: 2004

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

Had the battery disconnected most of the day, thought the doors would unlock with no power but they stayed locked. Whilst the battery was disconnected I checked nothing was working such as the horn or lights to make sure there wasn't some store I needed to drain.

Reconnected the battery and the problem is still there.

The radio code worked ok though which is good, noticed it kept all my programmed channels which I was not expecting.

theredfox, no not had a cpu put on it yet, a friend was supposed to be getting hold of a proper ford cpu unit but have been waiting months so far. Wanted the cpu on it to see if could work out why the car alarm was going off intermittently, whilst waiting for this cpu unit I noticed the bonnet latch wasn't unlocking too well and the bonnet was sitting up a bit so suspected this. Swapped out the bonnet latch, clip etc and it was shutting down fine,....during that I disconnected the switch to the bonnet latch to see if it was the cause of the alarm failure but the alarm still went off randomly so that was ruled out.

Now the door problem is kicking about. About a week before it happened whilst driving the "driver door" alert popped up but it was shut fine.

Had been shutting the car by leaning over from the offside passenger door and pressing the driver doors lock button as this seemed to get the car locked without arming the alarm. Had been doing that for about a month.

Then noticed the passenger front door was not unlocking.

Few days later all the doors aren't unlocking except the driver one, so have focused on looking at that lock motor.

Car alarm has not gone off since the locked door problem started.

I think I've exhausted all options available to me now unless anyone has any other ideas?

#19 Dan62

Dan62

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Contributor

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

I think the fault you have now is related to or around the passenger door unlock relay.

Unfortunately it is part of the central junction box.

It does seem odd that the doors failed in stages but maybe an original fault such as the front passenger door motor failed and has taken out the relay or blown a track off of the circuit board it is attached to.

As for the missing fuses, they are for models with rear power windows !!! although you should have a 25A fuse in F72 according to the wiring diagram.

#20 tigrepojke

tigrepojke

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

Ok thanks, I have it booked into a Ford Dealership tomorrow for investigation so we'll see what they say

#21 tigrepojke

tigrepojke

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:25 PM

Update on this, car has been with the Ford dealer for 2 days now, they can't work it out either. They've got it for 2 more days now

#22 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,220 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:32 PM

Fingers crossed they get your car sorted

#23 supercmaxer

supercmaxer

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 180 posts
  • Name: kervin
  • Ford Model: Focus c max

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:04 PM

There are multi plugs on the fuse box under the passenger side dash, make sure all these are secure.

I had one that worked it way loose causing problems when I checked it a bit of plastic has broke of making it come loose.

#24 tigrepojke

tigrepojke

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:52 PM

Ok thanks supercmaxer.  The car is currently in a Ford dealership since Tuesday, called me just now and said unsure of the problem however they saw some green discolouration on or around the fusebox. Said it is a 50/50 chance that could be the issue and is causing the unlock signal to get blocked, (nothing else electrical is at fault) and they recommend on a 50/50 chance to replace the fusebox at around £540. Unsure if that price includes VAT or not, either way I'm not spending that out on a 50/50 chance, it is not a diagnosis of the problem in my opinion and more a spin-the-wheel diagnosis.

Will get the car back and take it to an independent auto-electrician I reckon

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: C-Max, Cmax, focus, central, locking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users