26 replies to this topic

#16 JohnP

JohnP

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk4 1.25 zetec

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

apparently the "real" stig is Ben Collins, i think he's a touring car driver. the bit with schuey was just a promo for him, made the show interesting but he's not the real stig, it wouldn't work out cos he's an advisor to ferrari and also does german superbikes (or something similar!) so not enough time!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 irononreverse

irononreverse

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Mk7

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:06 PM

apparently the "real" stig is Ben Collins, i think he's a touring car driver. the bit with schuey was just a promo for him, made the show interesting but he's not the real stig, it wouldn't work out cos he's an advisor to ferrari and also does german superbikes (or something similar!) so not enough time!

Since Ferrari only let the owner drive the FXX on a track he was probably on so they could have it on the show. It was a funny interview though!

#18 Truly55

Truly55

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Ford Model: Hot Magenta Titanium 1.4 with Tech Pack

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:42 PM

Correct - white Stig IS Ben Collins. Ben was once introduced on TG as he was the driver of a merc convertible that a parachutist was trying to land in whilst the car was travelling along the track. It was amusing to think that the showing was on air and there was The Stig as Ben on the programme.

#19 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:28 AM

Since Ferrari only let the owner drive the FXX on a track he was probably on so they could have it on the show. It was a funny interview though!

And that had to be the meanest looking car that they have ever raced round the track and even though, at times, it did not look like it was going that quickly, OMG!!! a whole 7 seconds quicker than anything else, that can go over a speed bump, that they have ever raced before - mind you, maybe having Schewy at the wheel helped too

#20 JohnP

JohnP

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:31 AM

Correct - white Stig IS Ben Collins. Ben was once introduced on TG as he was the driver of a merc convertible that a parachutist was trying to land in whilst the car was travelling along the track. It was amusing to think that the showing was on air and there was The Stig as Ben on the programme.

haha i was watching that episode the other day and i didn't realise that actually was ben collins! i reckon i must of been half asleep or something!
can't wait for this series next ep, hopes theres many more great stig moments to come!

#21 KatePocket

KatePocket

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Flame 1.4

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:08 PM

I've heard this too. My brother in law is called Ben Collins and is a regular at Silverstone for track days, all the instructors there are always laughing and joking about the fact the really stig has apparently got the same name.

I heard also that Heikki Kovolinen (i know that's spelt wrong....!) did it once or twice too.

#22 ZeeJex

ZeeJex

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 1.4 Titanium 5dr

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:10 PM

... Not sure what to believe now at first i thought it was Michael but after thinking about it, surely it must be a publicity stunt :o

#23 Air Hostess

Air Hostess

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4i

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:24 PM

... Not sure what to believe now at first i thought it was Michael but after thinking about it, surely it must be a publicity stunt :o

BBC today admitted it was a joke, but are still staying tight lipped about who the "real" stig is......but we know dont we...........

#24 ZeeJex

ZeeJex

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 1.4 Titanium 5dr

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:00 PM

BBC today admitted it was a joke, but are still staying tight lipped about who the "real" stig is......but we know dont we...........

Height comparisons is the way to go imo, if im really bored I'll look into it one day

#25 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:35 PM

I'm still hoping for Tiff Needell.

I don't think it is Ben Collins - if he was they'd have changed the Stig by now. When Perry McCarthy wrote it in his book he wasn't allowed to be The Stig anymore.

#26 JohnP

JohnP

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:52 PM

I'm still hoping for Tiff Needell.

I don't think it is Ben Collins - if he was they'd have changed the Stig by now. When Perry McCarthy wrote it in his book he wasn't allowed to be The Stig anymore.

thats cos he publicly revealed it himself. ben collins hasn't and theres still a lot of speculation about who he is.the bbc might like the fact that everyone thinks its ben collins when its actually someone else (?) who knows lol

#27 Danzzza

Danzzza

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk6.5 Fiesta Style 1.25 16V

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:01 PM

http://en.wikipedia....Gear_appearance

PROOF! :P

Thats why he was there :rolleyes:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users