Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lendal Bridge

potter18

So about this time last year our wonderful council ( york ) decided to close a main bridge , lendal bridge , and major road through our city between the hours of 10.30 and 5pm and fine motorists 60pounds if they crossed between these times , the signs were very poor and confusing and quite a few people were caughtout and were fined (sometimes more than once if they crossed a few times thanks to the camera they placed at one end of the bridge) . The six month trial ( to improve air quality and bus times ect) finished about 8 months later.???? ? Now it has been decided that all motorists who were fined ar now entitled to a refund ( the closure was deemed to be illegal) but its not done automatically people will have to apply for it , so, if you or anyone you know had been fined please urge them to look into claiming a refund (I assume if you visit york council website you may find details of how to go about it)

Sorry for the long post

• Like 1

I went for a weekend away to york and the !Removed! got me. They sort of make a point NOT to sign post it properly. Absolute cash cow. Told the council its the reason i won't enter york as a tourist again, which is pretty poor as york relies heavily on tourism.

Sorry to hear that dude but try and reclaim your money dont give them the satisfaction

i got caught after my first couple of weeks being up here, ive been told to claim it back but didnt know you could, I'll look into it cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hopefully a lot of people just refused to pay it, I think it's one of those things where they would have to prove you caused some loss or harm to someone by driving over a bridge. Pretty hard to prove that if you ask me :P

No the council used a company based in northampton and they chased non payers as I said they used a camera (number plate recognition)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club