Bobsy

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 110 posts
  • Name: Robert
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec
  • Year: 2013

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:19 PM

Since this is my first car i opted for the 80bhp 1.0. Its nippy enough for my needs and handles the motorway pretty well. Although the eco boost would be a lovely extra  ^_^ maybe my next car.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 fiestalux

fiestalux

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Name: Rod
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost 100CV
  • Year: 2014

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:33 AM

If you can stretch your budget to one of the ecoboost models, I suspect they may also be easier to sell on later. I have the 100HP one which is more than adequate for my needs (I was on the German autobahn yesterday with it). Sure there are a few times when I think the 125HP would have been better  but they are so few I don't get upset over it - and usually only when some expensive Merc passes me. The Ecoboost may even save you money on your fuel bills, even my car which is not fully run in yet is getting about 45mpg minimum in mixed driving which recently has included lots of really bad traffic. On the motorway it is very fuel efficient.

The reviews I saw for the older engines said they were ok but in general were significantly surpassed by the new ecoboost ones. So far I have been very happy with my car and it's been taken on a couple of longish runs in a few European countries with vastly differing road quality and speed limits without any problem.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users