Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A/c Condensation Drain Pipe

spud1962

Focus Mk1 02 plate

Can anyone send me an image of the location of the a/c drain pipe exit port which vents condensate (water) from the vehicle.

I think mine could be blocked as water is backing up and seeping into the passenger foot-well from behind the general location of the blower motor resistor pack.

An advice how to check/ clear the pipe of a blockage ?

Thats not where the pipe is youll find it behind the kick plate drivers side remove the torq screws the panel will pop off and the pipes there to clear it use a coat hanger or large straw but youre issue sounds like its the pollen filter leaking to have a leak there

Thank you Arthur. Your assurance is greatly appreciated. Yes, I 've read threads about the pollen filter and had issues before. I noticed a drip coming down there when it had not been raining for 2 days and I had the a/c on. I will re-examine the pollen filter seals. Plenty of advice on the net about that.. thanks again!

Theres no harm checking the pipe with aircon on you should notice a small puddle under the car that would suggest its not blocked if you see the puddle

Thats not where the pipe is youll find it behind the kick plate drivers side remove the torq screws the panel will pop off and the pipes there to clear it use a coat hanger or large straw but youre issue sounds like its the pollen filter leaking to have a leak there

No signs of any pipes in this location? Deffo not a pollen filter issue. I have been driving about ( no rain for at least 3 days) with a/c on.. still drips fluid, though. No signs of fluid underneath car (as I used to get), so the pipe must be blocked, I just can't it at the moment. I thought the exit pipe was inside the engine bay, I can see an open pipe bend about 15mm diam. but i'm not sure if this it. I can't reach it anyway.