Photo
- - - - -

Sat Nav

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:09 PM

I can't say I ever wish for a bigger screen. I concentrate on the spoken instructions I think - eyes on the road!

It partly depends on where you put it - it seems that most people put their satnav in the middle of the car. I prefer to have mine in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, which makes it slightly closer and means it isn't a distraction when driving normally. At the same time, this means you have to look away from the road to see it, so it's all swings and roundabouts!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:06 PM

Has the battery life improved on the Tom Toms. Bought a Garmin a few years ago which was excellent but the main benefit was the battery would last around 4 hrs, so no need to have it plugged in.

#18 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:08 PM

Can't say I've ever tried it on battery, I always run the satnav on the charger.

#19 Bashful

Bashful

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1l 125ps ecoboost
  • Year: 2013
Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

The battery is cr@p, I always have mine on the charger, otherwise it runs out half way through the journey!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users