Do Not Sell My Personal Information

People's Preferences For Headlight Bulbs Fiesta St180

tomo89

I had a look at the white visions after seeing them in this thread and have to say I'm a little disappointed in the photos! They're pretty expensive too... Probably just got for crystals and night breakers for mains like the rest:)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yeah seems like the best combo at the moment doesn't it

From what I've read the whiter the bulb the less light output so would explain the lack of light output. I used night breakers and would say there the best for maximum light output. If your looking for more light then there's only one other option.

These Arnt modifications really Phil modifications are proper changes like power mods and suspension and exhaust etc not just changing bulbs i wouldn't worry bulbs just cosmetic changes

I guess that's true, but I consider changing anything that makes the car look different to a standard car is a modification, even a small one. The headlight bulbs make more difference visually than anything else at night, and I've heard a lot of people say a detango is the most basic mod. At least I have the MP215 though so that counts :)

Those whitevisions are a rip off,

I had a look at the white visions after seeing them in this thread and have to say I'm a little disappointed in the photos! They're pretty expensive too... Probably just got for crystals and night breakers for mains like the rest:)

Yup nightbreakers for full beam, crystals for dipped, I have found this to be the best combination without going HID :D

I just emailed Power bulbs about sending them back for a refund, shouldn't be a problem because I haven't opened them. But I mentioned the fact that they are being incorrectly advertised as giving a "white" light, so will see what they say about that. I would think any of you who have already tried them should be able to get a refund too.

I just emailed Power Bulbs about sending them back for a refund, shouldn't be a problem because I haven't opened them. But I mentioned the fact that they are being incorrectly advertised as giving a "white" light, so will see what they say about that. I would think any of you who have already tried them should be able to get a refund too.

Nice work Phil :P I think Phillips need their eyes testing there is no way they are 4300K lol anyway, I ripped the packaging open so doubt ill get a refund,

EDIT:

Just called powerbulbs and I can get a full refund even though Ive tried them and ruined the packaging, the lady I spoke to didnt even require any photos to be sent as evidence, refund for me aswell :)

Just called powerbulbs and I can get a full refund even though Ive tried them and ruined the packaging, the lady I spoke to didnt even require any photos to be sent as evidence, refund for me aswell :)

That's good customer service, I wouldn't be surprised if they're getting a lot of calls about these bulbs.

One thing I found strange about the bulbs is if you look at the W5W that came with them, they have a really blue coating. It would be good to see what kind of light they give off, could be good for number plate and interior lights.

I got a reply back, one part of it is quite interesting:

"We are more than happy to accept the bulbs back for a full refund, however halogen bulbs do change colour overtime so we would kindly ask that you please allow around 1 week for the bulbs to develop their white colour. If after this time you are still unhappy with the colour we would kindly ask that you please return these to us"

I didn't know the bulbs can change colour, does anyone know if there's any truth in that? And anyone who still has the WhiteVisions, are you willing to leave them in for a while to see if the colour gets whiter with more use?

I got a reply back, one part of it is quite interesting:

"We are more than happy to accept the bulbs back for a full refund, however halogen bulbs do change colour overtime so we would kindly ask that you please allow around 1 week for the bulbs to develop their white colour. If after this time you are still unhappy with the colour we would kindly ask that you please return these to us"

I didn't know the bulbs can change colour, does anyone know if there's any truth in that? And anyone who still has the WhiteVisions, are you willing to leave them in for a while to see if the colour gets whiter with more use?

ive had mine for nearly i week i will keep using mine and then take some photos and then upload them into here and put them side by side to the pictures i took when i first put them in and see what the majority option is to see weather you guys see any diferance

bulbs like this will change colour, but its is so slight you wont probably notice it lol

ive had mine for nearly i week i will keep using mine and then take some photos and then upload them into here and put them side by side to the pictures i took when i first put them in and see what the majority option is to see weather you guys see any diferance

Weren't you the first one to say you like these bulbs, and did you say they look white and a good match for the DRLs? It makes me wonder if there is a bad batch or something, making them look more yellow than they should be.

And the problem with photos is they don't always show the colours as they really are, the cameras seem to compensate for the light intensity by making it look whiter than it is I think. Not to mention the screen they are viewed on might not accurately show the colour too.

Weren't you the first one to say you like these bulbs, and did you say they look white and a good match for the DRLs? It makes me wonder if there is a bad batch or something, making them look more yellow than they should be.

And the problem with photos is they don't always show the colours as they really are, the cameras seem to compensate for the light intensity by making it look whiter than it is I think. Not to mention the screen they are viewed on might not accurately show the colour too.

yeahh i did but i was comparing them to the standard bulbs but i might get some CrystalVisions anyway just to comparing them to the WhiteVisions to see if i still like them or not but if i had CrystalVisions first and then got WhiteVisions then i would prob see where Tom (Clarky) is coming from becuase they do look lot more blue :)

I used mine this morning and found them to be really white and bright , nothing near as yellow as the pics above.

Dodgy batch going about maybe?

Do you think they are white compared to a standard bulb?

I used mine this morning and found them to be really white and bright , nothing near as yellow as the pics above.

Dodgy batch going about maybe?

They probably will look white compared to the standard bulbs, I mean my Osram Cool Blues do and they are only 4200K, but compared to the DRLs there is clearly a yellow tint to them. The best way to check is to stand directly in front of the car (as if you were sitting in a car in front on the road) and look at how white the DRLs are compared to the dipped beam. Even the DRLs are slightly yellow but they look white by themselves from the front.

Absolutely mate for me , I had xenons on my old clio rated at 4300k and they are on a par with them. The grass on the verges looked bright green and the white lines and road signs really stood out a lot brighter.

Hmm I'll have to decide whether to send them back or not. I might just go for the Crystals, they seem to be the safe option for the best white light.

Well maybe I've got a bad set then. But as I have shown in my pictures the colour between a whitevision and a crystal vision is like night and day , yellow vs white

They probably will look white compared to the standard bulbs, I mean my Osram Cool Blues do and they are only 4200K, but compared to the DRLs there is clearly a yellow tint to them. The best way to check is to stand directly in front of the car (as if you were sitting in a car in front on the road) and look at how white the DRLs are compared to the dipped beam. Even the DRLs are slightly yellow but they look white by themselves from the front.

I haven't had a look from the front yet phil only from the driver seat so maybe only comparing from inside they do look white .

I shall have a looksee tomos .maybe philips are saying the beams are projected as a white but maybe they don't look as white when you look at them directly .

I haven't had a look from the front yet phil only from the driver seat so maybe only comparing from inside they do look white .

I shall have a looksee tomos .maybe philips are saying the beams are projected as a white but maybe they don't look as white when you look at them directly .

Totally off subject but i just noticed that your from Sussex its about time theres a fellow ST owner on here from Sussex where about you from? :)

Totally off subject but i just noticed that your from Sussex its about time theres a fellow ST owner on here from Sussex where about you from? :)

Im in Haywards Heath .

Theres another member from here as well live on the other side of town to me.

Wher abouts are you?

Im in Haywards Heath .

Theres another member from here as well live on the other side of town to me.

Wher abouts are you?

seen few other people on here from Sussex but your the first with an ST, im in Brighton did you get your ST from Dinnages?

Yes I got it from Dinnages got quite a good deal from them.

yeah same as me, i got a good deal from there for mine aswell there a good dealer much better then a few I've been to before bought my past 2 cars from Dinnages :)

This is my 4th from them, I have to agree as dealers go they are one of the better ones.

Been going 75 years or so , says quite a lot really.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club