Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

Worst bit is thinking you have broken something when you pull it up off the clip and manoeuvring it out. Once you've done it you do wondered what you were wot parried about.

You only really have to remove the passenger side as the fuse box and washer bottle are in the way, the drivers side has enough space round it.

#213 Phil 87

Phil 87

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3 MP215

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:58 AM

I got the Crystal Visions in and they look awesome, almost like Xenons :D

Im not changing my bulbs but concerned if I ever have to. Why do manufactured make it so awkward to change a simple bulb? I mean...take the whole headlight out ? Jeez.

I know what you mean, I've barely done any work on my cars but I'm learning. 2nd time changing the headlights was much easier, I found the best help was this video, not in English but you can get the idea from it:

I found the hardest bit was getting the fiddly plastic screws out, because I knackered the head of one of them last time lol. Going to try and get a replacement, does anyone know if it's a standard screw and if there's a part number or something? If not I'll just take one out and see if Halfords have them.

I got the nearside fog done while the headlight unit was out, very easy although the Mountune lower air feed hose was in the way, but not hard to move it. I'll do the driver's side one with the wheel on full lock because there's some weird looking components in the way that would have made it hard doing it from above.

#214 tomo89

tomo89

bOOst..........

• FOC Supporters
  • 181 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-3 Frozen White

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:01 AM

Worst bit is thinking you have broken something when you pull it up off the clip and manoeuvring it out. Once you've done it you do wondered what you were wot parried about.

You only really have to remove the passenger side as the fuse box and washer bottle are in the way, the drivers side has enough space round it.

I agree with the clips that sound like you have snapped something in half but you get used to it after you done it once ha

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

#215 Phil 87

Phil 87

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

Does anyone know if the W5W bulbs that come with the Crystal Visions are sold seperately? I used them for the number plate and they look good, almost as white as LEDs, so I might try them as interior bulbs if I can find them.

They probably aren't road legal but I've decided I don't care about that any more :P. I'm sure there are loads of Audis, Mercs etc driving around with white number plate bulbs.

#216 nath.mk7.st

nath.mk7.st

• FOC Supporters
  • 516 posts
  • Name: NAthan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-2

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:09 AM

Does anyone know if the W5W bulbs that come with the Crystal Visions are sold seperately? I used them for the number plate and they look good, almost as white as LEDs, so I might try them as interior bulbs if I can find them.

They probably aren't road legal but I've decided I don't care about that any more :P. I'm sure there are loads of Audis, Mercs etc driving around with white number plate bulbs.

Is this the ones that look blue in the box ? I wasn't sure what they were but did think about using in number plate but thought they were blue bulbs haha take a pic please

#217 tomo89

tomo89

bOOst..........

• FOC Supporters
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:43 AM

You can get them on eBay ive got loads of them

#218 tomo89

tomo89

bOOst..........

• FOC Supporters
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

Try this ebay number that's where I got them from 111259038615

#219 Phil 87

Phil 87

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

Is this the ones that look blue in the box ? I wasn't sure what they were but did think about using in number plate but thought they were blue bulbs haha take a pic please

Yeah the ones in the box, I guess they are meant for sidelights but as we have DRLs instead, they're perfect for the number plates. I'll take some pics when it's dark.

It's strange how the colours work, but it makes sense when you think a standard bulb gives off a yellow light, so I think if the coating is blue enough it absorbs all the yellow leaving only white. And an even bluer coating gives a blueish light.

Try this ebay number that's where I got them from 111259038615

Cheers Tom, I'd rather get some branded ones but those will do if Philips don't sell them separately.

#220 tomo89

tomo89

bOOst..........

• FOC Supporters
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:05 PM

Branded ones are no different same bulb lad

#221 Phil 87

Phil 87

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:02 PM

Branded ones are no different same bulb lad

Yeah that's probably true, I bet Philips don't even make the bulbs. I've ordered a pair of those so will see how they look :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users