Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:08 PM

Went out tonight to a covered car park to fit the lights as it was !Removed! it down with rain where Iive.. Took a mate along who's got a nice little mx5 (totally irrelevant but there you go)

Thought I'd for both lights on drivers side so I could compare between factory lights and osram/Philips

Osram are blinding, serious light comes through those bulbs and near on perfect match for the DRL's, well happy with those.

That said the Xtreme visions are total and utter garbage, look no different to the factory ones whatsoever so back they go to eurocarparts tomorrow! :') think I'll be ordering the crystal visions online!

Good job though cause I took the wrong tools with me so wouldn't have been able to get past the washer fluid no matter how determined I was! Ha

Quick q though, on putting the lights back the drivers side dipped beam looks lower than the passenger side? Is it actually meant to be like that ,to stop blinding people etc) or did I not put them back correctly? Suppose it won't really matter if I'm gonna change the beams again but still!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#242 Phil 87

Phil 87

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,339 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3 MP215

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:34 AM

I'm not sure about one beam being lower than the other, I thought they were about the same except for that slanted bit that lights up the left side of the road. Before I took mine out I put pencil marks around where the main screws go to make sure I get them back on exactly the same. Although I should have done that when I got the car, instead I did it after the nearside headlight was removed during the Mountune upgrade, so who knows if they put it back on straight.

#243 dmizz93

dmizz93

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

Could just be me I suppose.. Just hadn't noticed it before..

They are pretty much a clip in place thing so I doubt that I've put them in wrong but LHS does look higher than RHS..

#244 Clarky2013

Clarky2013

Addicted to boost

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3 MP215 Spirit Blue

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:48 PM

drivers side beam will be lower than passenger to avoid dazzling oncoming traffic

#245 dmizz93

dmizz93

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:53 PM

Did think that bit wanted to make sure :') just need to get my dipped beams now!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users