Do Not Sell My Personal Information

People's Preferences For Headlight Bulbs Fiesta St180

tomo89

I should have them tomorrow so I'll let you know if there's any orange visible in them, maybe there will be a little.

Yeah I think I'm gradually coming over to that way of thinking, I've just never modified anything on my cars before. I've already got the Mountune, and after I change the exterior bulbs I might want to do the interior ones too, so who knows where it will lead :)

Edit: Does anyone know if there are any bulbs that can be used to de-tango the indicators in the wing mirrors, and are they easy to swap?

Yes you can, have a look on eBay for chrome 501, it is a mirror cap off job instructions are in the owners manual. Keep a tight hold or put something on the floor as they are easy to drop when the clips are pushed.

fc0cb7dd3619c895281164d476ded91d.jpg

I'm guessing these will be ok? http://www.amazon.co.uk/DIADEM-Indicator-2827DC-02B-invisible-blister/dp/B007P5UIFK/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_img_y

I'll wait and see how the Osram 581s turn out as they are from the same range. Found a good guide for opening up the mirror too: http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=643

I might have a go, or I could just wait til I next take the car into Ford and persuade them to do it for me lol.

Is it definitely H1 for the full beam? In the manual and the bulbs list on here it says H15. Or are the two interchangeable?

The. H15s are only for cars without the LED strip,for the DRLs, ST2 & 3 and other high spec fiestas use H1 and H7 bulbs.

Ah good, that's what I thought it would be. I've got all my bulbs except the tiny wing mirror ones which are on the way, so I'll get them all done at the weekend and get some pics up :). And then maybe I'll get the fog lights done too, will probably get some use out of them with the colder weather.

Can someone tell me the footwell light size ?? And maybe number plate light to?

I've just ordered H1, H7, indicators x4, wing mirror chromed and some climair wind deflectors and while I'm on a role with the credit card might as well keep going but can't find the sizes and not near my car ???

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

The bulbs thread on here says:

Number Plate - 501 Capless
Interior Light - 501 Capless
I don't know if that means all interior lights are the same, hopefully someone else can confirm. Just out of interest which bulbs did you order?

Just did as I usually do and followed as a sheep and got the phillips crystal visions, then osram everything else including the wing mirror lights. But thinking now maybe the time to do the footwells and number plates as it's very rare I like to spend money haha. Also is the an upgrade for rear and brake lights like LED ??

The bulbs thread on here says:

Number Plate - 501 Capless
Interior Light - 501 Capless
I don't know if that means all interior lights are the same, hopefully someone else can confirm. Just out of interest which bulbs did you order?

Can someone tell me the footwell light size ?? And maybe number plate light to?

I've just ordered H1, H7, indicators x4, wing mirror chromed and some climair wind deflectors and while I'm on a role with the credit card might as well keep going but can't find the sizes and not near my car ???

So far I have found all 501/W5W/T10 Wedge to work on the sidelights. Interior lights, Footwell lights & the number plate lights. If I could recommend a pair it would be Osram LEdriving premium 6000K, although they are quiet pricey.

Search Jpwarden on google, he sells high quality LED's that are cheap, two pairs lasted a year, I only took them out because I have the Osram's now. He also has an eBay page - http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/warden_jp2008/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

All the interior light and number plate lights are 501 except the front courtedy light whjch is a 38mm festoon.

All mine are by prism and are from halford, not the cheapest but qualty is good and you get a discount from here.

So these will do for the number plate?? post-55675-141043332731_thumb.jpg

Yes they will be fine, you may find a few on eBay start to flicker etc, but they should be fine.

Okay thanks changed to some like that but said error free as these ones said can create error message

Okay thanks changed to some like that but said error free as these ones said can create error message

That's interesting, it would be good if we get an error message whenever a bulb stops working, but I doubt that somehow.

Now need ideas on fogs :)

Probably best to go for the same Crystal Visions so they match the dipped beam, but the fogs are H11.

Im spent up now haha went little crazy and ordered a tripple r splitter as well haha might have to do a build thread now with all this stuff I've ordered lol

Lol, you're going a lot further than me. For now I'm only changing "disposable" things like the exterior bulbs.

Yer well that's we're I started and then just so happened to get the customers wifi code on my job n then I couldn't stop once I started haha

And there in was bored so used the iPhone torch and did them in the dark hardest parts I found we're

1. The nut under carpet for back lights didn't realise till saw something phil1f put on

2. Getting the wing mirrors off.

Other than that pretty easy :)

This is the comparison hard to do pic tho with lights.

post-55675-141064276493_thumb.jpg

Same as the bulbs I did today except the H7s and those funky looking LEDs, and I didn't bother even attempting the wing mirrors after others have said how hard they are. What's the easiest way to do them? I might ask Ford to do them for me on Monday when it goes in for its oil change.

I guess in the dark you can't see how good the chromed indicator bulbs look:

post-39031-0-92660700-1410604700.jpg

post-39031-0-14977900-1410604684.jpg

It would be good to get the cars side-by-side to see if the extra 100k of your H7s is noticable. Also need to get the fogs done, they look really yellow in comparison.

Edit: have you gone for a drive to test them? The full beams are awesome :)

Yer I fitted in the dark last night was abit of messing but it was xfactor so I wasn't allowed to turn tv over :/

I went for a drive and they are loads better main beam shines for miles and the h7 leave a nice crisp white road surface.

If they will do it at ford for you I'd get them too but if they would charge for this I wouldn't it takes two mins really. The way I looked at it was they will probably charge about the same to take them off as replacing them if I brake them, give or take knowing what the stealership is like.

You literally have to squeeze the inside of the Mirror and pull back at same time. But you will have to get ruff with it more than you would imagine. Then they just go crack and off. I put a old duvet down incase I dropped them on concrete. Then putting back on line up and click in real easy :)

The LEDs we're red footwell lights (not as bright as was expecting) and the other are super white ones for number plate there better and easy to do. I'm still waiting on the overhead light to come but forgot to order one for the back overhead light.

Still laid in bed so not managed to look at the de tango in the light as of yet :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club