• Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale

tedis

Mudflaps Focus 2006 Titanium

Hi everyone. Would I be able to fit mudflaps without drilling the actual body of a car??? I have none on my car I guess it's a standart... thank you for your time reading and answers

Have a look at Ford's own accessory mudflaps - I've had them on several cars and they fit pretty well plus come with fixings/clamps suitable so you don't need to drill holes.

Just a pity they don't do a set to fit the Focus ST :(

Crap...... thanks jeebowhite. What abiut that plastic bit which "pretend" to be a mudflap? Lol

Genuine ford mudflaps mk2 2005-2008 and mk2.5 2008-2011 are identical kit,

Cheapest supplier is Fordpartsuk.com

They dont require any drilling or removal of wheels to fit,

Ive had the m before i fitted the ZetecS kit,

The come supplied with fitting instructions two sets front and rear, mk2 and mk2.5 kits are identical.

Have a look at Ford's own accessory mudflaps - I've had them on several cars and they fit pretty well plus come with fixings/clamps suitable so you don't need to drill holes.

+1

Are you looking for a set of flaps for your ST?

I can show you how to fit a perfect set that will last the life of the car, mine are fitted over two years,

I can link parts and comply the guide,

In fact ill do it anyways for anyone searching via google,

These fit ZetecS, ST and RS focus 100%

You need to purchase a set of these exact flaps:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/380481922401?nav=SEARCH

Then you need to make up a little bracket,

Now you can use two 2p coins for this, all your doing is bridging the existing screw,

Let me explain:

The below image shows the rear wheel arch with top and bottom factory screw in place,

The top screw will go through the bracket, while the second hole will grip the custom mud flap to the bracket allowing the wide flap to sit tidy,

Bottom factory screw also drill through custom flap insert factory screw through flap in to factory hole

0108201068111.jpg

See here little bracket fitted,

010820106821.jpg

Image2150.jpg

Image2153.jpg

Image2154.jpg

Lower factory screw also fitted gripping the flap tight:

Image2156.jpg

Repeat process on passenger side rear arch,

Image2002.jpg

Image2000.jpg

Now for the front flaps fitting...

See markings in image below,

A small plate is fitted to the top factory scew,

This plate sits between the arch and mud flap to keep the flap flush with the side skirt.

010820106771.jpg

The screws supplied with the universal flaps are 3/32

This is the reason you need to use a 3/32 drill bit when adding additional pilot holes,

The measurements marked out on the skirt:

160mm

And

Inwards 12mm

This exact location is a hollow cavity within the side skirt,

You can safely drill in to the skirt end cap securing the mud flap without making contact with any metal of the car.

01082010683.jpg

01082010688.jpg

01082010687.jpg

01082010691.jpg

post-30295-0-95192500-1369958132_zpsw4z8

post-30295-0-44605000-1368537695_zpsvrer

IMG_20130521_133936_zps1af1b167.jpg

Fitted over two years now, still like the first day fitted,

My cars lowerd 35mm ST ride height no issues scraping flaps atall.

Even picked up an aero wrapper which i thought was funny since the flaps themselves are quite lite,

Image2286.jpg

What is that bit on a skirt?

The plastic is thicker on that point because there is a small bracket supplied with the genuine ford mudflaps that grips that section to the flap,

The screw underneath the skirt also comes out then reinserted through the genuine flap gripping it from underneath aswell.

Genuine Ford Focus 2005-2011 Front Mudflap set:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_front_mudflap_set_2005_to_2010_f_1387727_c_107.htm

Genuine Ford Focus 2005-2011 Rear Mudflap set:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_mk2_rear_mudflaps_set_2004-2008__f_1360698_c_107.htm

Absolutely no drilling holes required,

Provided with fully illustrated instructions.

Genuine Ford Focus 2005-2011 full set front and rear flaps:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_mk2_front_and_rear_mudflaps_set_f_KITMFLAPFO4_c_107.htm

What is that bit on a skirt?

That poece of plastic is the end fastener for the standard sill protector/filler fitted if you don't have skirts on your car.

Are you looking for a set of flaps for your ST?

I can show you how to fit a perfect set that will last the life of the car, mine are fitted over two years,

I can link parts and comply the guide,

In fact ill do it anyways for anyone searching via google,

These fit ZetecS, ST and RS focus 100%

Thanks for the offer there of help there Lenny :)

I've run the Rallyflapz on my 2 ST's - the rears fit as per their instructions, using the 2 rear wheelarch liner to bumper screws plus 2 pushpins you fit into holes drilled in the liner.

Bit more faffing with the fronts as I didn't want to drill holes in the sill end cap. So instead I made up a small bracket for each side with j-nut/clip fitted which I was able to bolt through a hole in the body just at the end of the sill. Then the lower section of hte mudflap is screwed onto this bracket. So they're bolted top and bottom and the sill endcaps covered in PVC tape before bonding the mudflap to them with windscreen PU - great for sticking things together but an absolute nightmare if you touch anything else after getting it on your fingers!

I have had to replace the front set as I didn't quite trim enough off them after fitting and from dragging on the floor going up ramps etc they eventually split in places. With my car being lowered and having the bilstein dampers too you do have to cut a fair amount from the bottom of the front mudflaps, no problem with the rears though.

Realise the rallyflapz are an acquired taste but I'm happy enough with mine :)

Thanks for the offer there of help there Lenny :)

I've run the Rallyflapz on my 2 ST's - the rears fit as per their instructions, using the 2 rear wheelarch liner to bumper screws plus 2 pushpins you fit into holes drilled in the liner.

Realise the rallyflapz are an acquired taste but I'm happy enough with mine :)

No problem,

Glad you got kitted out with them to protect the body work and skirts,

Mine only scuff on certain speed bumps but i do my best to avoid them :)