Do Not Sell My Personal Information

StreetKa Air Con

Paul123

Hi,

I have a 05 StreetKa. The air con hasn't worked for a couple of weeks... before I take it in for a service, is there anything I can do to check the air con over to help save me money?

The compressor not longer clicks into action when I press the air con button, although the light illuminates. I've check the fuse in the cab and it seems ok... are there any other fuses? Does anyone know where the relay is located... or does it sound like it just needs a re-fill?

Cheers

Paul

Hi,

I have a 05 StreetKa. The air con hasn't worked for a couple of weeks... before I take it in for a service, is there anything I can do to check the air con over to help save me money?

The compressor not longer clicks into action when I press the air con button, although the light illuminates. I've check the fuse in the cab and it seems ok... are there any other fuses? Does anyone know where the relay is located... or does it sound like it just needs a re-fill?

Cheers

Paul

hi m8

there is nothing you can do to check the aircon

the pump may not start dues to lack of gas to protect it's self .

i would not worry to be honest as it's most prob just gas (re-fill)needed

best to take to fords as they are about the same as other places & will do a clean aswell

get a price 1st

my area bristol charges about £55.00 (fords)

Hi Paul

Did you get to the bottom of this yet? My wifes 2005 Streetka has developed a similar problem. I havechecked out a lot of the system and so far everything seems to be working okay. There is power doen to th ecompressor but the clutch does not engage. I'm thinking that maybe a new compressor will be the answer....

Cheers Mark

hi guys

is it's no engaging it maybe just the lack or gas

it uses the pressure to get going so if it don't have any pressure it wont fire up.

you seem to be looking on the half empty side of things

it actually half full

take it to fords to get it checked out 1st

I have looked at Ford TIS and there is a test sequence to check out the clutch without firing the engine up (which would override the pressure issue). You have to bypass the WOT relay etc. I have not had a chance to look at this yet, but will report back when I have. There are two pressure switches on the system which could cause the problem, but I suspect the magnetic clutch as there is power down to it. We'll see...

Went through the test sequence the other day. Turned out to be the low pressure switch on the compressor (not the low pressure switch in the LP line). All sorted now.

• 8 months later...

hey, how do you do the test sequence on the streetka aircon system? what did you do to the low pressure switch? my wifes aircon is absolutely rubbish..

• 4 weeks later...

hey, how do you do the test sequence on the streetka aircon system? what did you do to the low pressure switch? my wifes aircon is absolutely rubbish..

Hi m8,

sorry for not replying sooner - I don't look at this site very often. Anyway, the test sequence is fairly straightforward. It is on the Ford TIS (which is available on cd very cheaply on eBay I hear ;-))

My wife's streetka is a fairly late one and incorporates a switch into the side of the compressor itself (not all of them have this). It is pressed in and I suspect cannot be changed. Anyway, after following the test sequence through, I identified this as the problem by bridging it (it was the last check in the sequence, everything was okay until then). Once I had done that it fired into life. The answer is a new compressor really but it works okay as it is. When you say your wifes aircon is rubbish, do you mean it is working but not very cold? If so, I doubt that you have the same problem as me - more likely needs re-gassing.

Anyway have a look at service manuals on cd on eBay.

Hope this helps

Mark

how much would a re-gass roughly be then? as it may well be that.

Might be £80 or so at some fast fit places. However, Halfords do a kit for about £40. It includes a connector and pressure gauge. After that you can get refills for about £20.

As for the TIS - it is Fords Tecnical Information System. I have a spare cd that you can have if you pm me. I got one off eBay that I couldn't get to load at first so the guy sent me another. However, it turned out to be a problem on my pc so I have two now. I think I only paid a few quid for it.

Cheers

mark

most local garages do a regas for £40-50 i think

If anyone is in the Greater Manchester area, I use a guy who does air-con and he is mobile so it can be done at home. Last time he came to look at one of my Vauxhall's he spent a good two hours here and charged me about £70 which was well worth the money. There is more to air-con than simply re-gassing it. Its vital that leaks are checked for correctly with the pressure gauge, old gas removing then new gas injecting. If anyone needs his details, send me a message.

• 5 years later...

I have the Ford TIS Dvd if anyone wants a copy.

Its also available on bit torrent.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club