Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Key Fob

westie321

I've just bought an ford focus 1.6 tdci 2007 and I didn't come with a key fob, so I went to ford to get a key and find out some info about the price and they said when they looked on the system it didn't come up with a key fob they tried a three button key fob but when trying it. The car beeps but when you push a button on the key fob it didn't connect ( didn't beep again) then they said that they would have to do some more looking in to it but the costs ;) anyone got any ideas ??? Thanks Joe.

Have a look on my signature, but anyway you really don't want to go to Ford for it.

Some basic versions of the Focus MK2/MK2.5 did not have remote central locking at all. If your car came with 2 standard keys (no Keyfob) and the car does not respond when it is in programming mode (after the first beep) it seems to me your car does not have remote central locking.

On the Focus MK2/MK2.5 the (remote) central locking system is fully controlled by the GEM module fuse box. On the old design GEM module/fuse box (part number starting with 4M5T) there is an external RF receiver mounted on top of the roofliner. On the new design GEM module/fuse box (part number starting with 7M5T)the RF receiver is integrated into the GEM module/fuse box. The part number of the GEM module/fuse box can be found on a sticker on the front of it.

If your car does not have remote central locking and has the old design GEM module/fuse box the external RF receiver will be missing in most cases. Installing the external RF receiver and activating the remote functionality in the software of the GEM module/fuse box will be enough to retrofit the remote central locking functionality.

If your car does not have remote central locking and has the new design GEM module/fuse box only activating the remote functionality in the software of the GEM module/fuse box will be enough to retrofit the remote central locking functionality.

The activation of the remote functionality in the software of the GEM module/fuse box can be done with a modified ELM327 interface and the ELMconfig software.

• Like 1

Thank you, I will have to check what gem module I've got in there then.

Sorry I'm being dumb but where can I locate it :s

Passenger footwell under glove box

That's all that's there (under the dash Where your feet go ) you don't have to take the glovebox out do you ???

On the later models they drop from under the glove box, as your s is the 07 look at the footwell there's couple of hand nuts turn those and the board should drop.

What does a gem look like and where can I find one ???

post-57840-0-31212700-1409499964_thumb.j

Sorry I'm being a idiot a gem module is a fuse box aha, I spent about an hour searching for it lol, I found the part number it's 7m5t-14a073-ab

• 5 months later...

Hi there, I'm looking at the snanner that you have told me to get.

Is it hard to do or very straight forward?

Many thanks Joe

Are you referring to activating remote central locking?

Yes as I've got the new module where it's built in.

:)

It's a fairly simple process but you need to make sure that you have an antenna I believe, so don't be too upset if it doesn't work first time

Thanks for the quick replay

Do you know where I can find a step by step guide on how it's done

Thanks joe

There is a tutorial here search for elm 327 elmconfig and you will find the long thread

Thank you for the reply, im bidding on a elm 327 on eBay, does the elm 327 tell me what key i need as there are three different keys i have seen.

Thanks Joe

No it would just allow you to activate it, I missed what year your car is but it would be a 3 button I think, blade is the key that's the same width top to bottom or tibble is the knobbly ended key lol

Hi there my car is a 2007..

Key.zip

^^^^^If ive done this right that's my key Now ^^^^^

How do i know what style of key i need as the both come with the flat style blade

this

post-57840-0-41437900-1424545791_thumb.j

or this

post-57840-0-88023300-1424545794_thumb.j

They are both the same

The remote controls work perfectly. The zip file won't work on my phone however most people upgrade from the standard key (pic 1) to the flip key (pic 2) As a rather simple upgrade. Go for the flip key, its easier on your pocket, doesn't stab you, is more discreet and looks better. So if your getting a new one anyway, get this.

Sorted

ill let you know the out come next weekend

Thank you for your help Joe :)

No worries fella, I did a guide on how to get them cheap (in my signature) I got a new key and cut for about 60 all in.

aha With out sounding like a perv im looking thought your guides now (inchy foot :)

ill keep digging to see what i find

unless you can send us a link ;)

Its alright, its hardly stalking - its the provision of information and the reviewing thereof lol

as for the link its the one of getting a key for under £70: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/54975-cheap-spare-flip-key/?hl=%2Bflip+%2Bkey

Nice. What I'm going to do is there is a big breaker about 30 mins drive from me they may have all the keys of there broken cars (ford) I'm going to ask if I can buy one to test it on my car before i spend the £70 on the key. if that works then i can just replace the blade for a few ££££ on eBay.

if that plan works it will be around £20 for the new key as the key cut I can get for free as a family friend works in a key shop.

I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER

OOOSSSHH ----------------- A TEAM