Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Key Fob

westie321

Make sure slam central locking is unticked and you should be fine.

slam central locking was unticked.

As i found it :innocent::innocent::innocent:

post-57840-0-23876900-1424982876_thumb.j

hmmm, perhaps its not wired up right I wonder :|

Im now thinking that :unsure:

maybe i have to tick

Double locking with the tick underneath

driver door unlocking with one rc button press

inegraded receiver

car has door control units

and slam central locking to be on the safe side

Gem%20page%202.jpg

Gem page 2 from as built data for my car with remote central locking.

On Gem config page one it will give you the id for the remote control in one of the boxes, it would show any remote key info that was present on the car before if any. If there is none then all the fields will be blank.

I won't post details of mine as the info is a security risk as it contains the unique ID for my remote keys.

• Like 2

You can play with those settings as much as you like, just click read vin first, then once it has read your vin click download as built data, then save the as built data for that page entitled GEM page 2 as built or similar then you can always reload the settings from the factory even when you are not online.

• Like 1

Gem%20page%202.jpg

Gem page 2 from as built data for my car with remote central locking.

Thank you for doing that for me

One little Q/A is. is your car remote centre locking with key or keyless entry

I think slam double and central locking is a translation error (as said) and should mean shut instead, as in if you open the car but don't start it it relocks the car if you forget to or if unlocked but no door has been opened autolocks too. Might check that out one day and see if it is right if I remember. That is my best guess.

More posts I know sorry, I assume you did use your existing key to put the car in learning mode for the remote feature and pressed the new remote button and got a confirmation tone?

Thank you for doing that for me

One little Q/A is. is your car remote centre locking with key or keyless entry

Remote key not the keyless vehicle entry system.

£31 with correct virgin chip for my car, with key cut from code or picture from eBay seller. I used IDS to program the chip and did the remote procedure as outlined for adding the remote transmitter for the central locking. I did however have the no flip remote key and a standard non remote key with my car

IMAG0216.jpg

• Like 1

More posts I know sorry, I assume you did use your existing key to put the car in learning mode for the remote feature and pressed the new remote button and got a confirmation tone?

aha, my car only came with the two non-remote key,

when we tried at the ford dealership it did not beep back to say linked.

I have been told that i have the new type of gem where the Ariel is build in but on some models it does not come activated.

therefore i have to ask ford to activate the gem remote part (alot of money)

I'm going to copy what your cars has tick then i have to buy a key like you pointed out and try it again.

I have been told that i have the new type of gem where the Ariel is build in but on some models it does not come activated.

I'm going to copy what your cars has tick then i have to buy a key like you pointed out and try it again.

As I understand it you have to have 2 known keys for the car to add more (that may be only for the transponder not the remote part). Use an existing key and turn the ignition key on and off 4 times I think it is in quick succession, on the next turn on of the ignition the car should beep, press a key on the new remote control and the car should beep, the new remote should now operate the remote central locking.

If you are able to do that to add the remote after checking all those boxes then it should work, the only thing I am not convinced of is using a used key remote.

You can get one like mine but you will still need someone with IDS to code the immobiliser transponder chip to the car or remove the transponder from one of your OEM keys and fit it in the new remote key housing instead of the one that comes with it.

Shame you are not closer to me as I could have helped out with the IDS part.

Old ford key that was a :iim: idea of mine lol.

I'm going to do that tomorrow so i will let you know how I get on with it.

I'm going to copy yours and see if that works. :whistling::whistling:

Thank you for the offer but i think you might be alittle to far for me lol

if it links with the car tomorrow then I know I can do the same as you did :)

I need to get hold of a used key as there is something I want to try just out of curiosity. Might have to pop to the local breakers and see if they have any they will sell me cheaply.

Just had a re read of your posts, tick the boxes on Gem page 2 as mine are ticked and write it to the GEM, then try adding the remote locking again using the original key in the ignition, if you get the beep for learning mode then press button on remote key and you should get the confirmation beep. Then it should work. Obviously the used key we have no way of being sure it functions that is a drawback of using a used key.

I need to get hold of a used key as there is something I want to try just out of curiosity. Might have to pop to the local breakers and see if they have any they will sell me cheaply.

i thought you could reprogramme an used key as they sell them on eBay ??

i thought you could reprogramme an used key as they sell them on ebay ??

I assume so as if you can put it in learning mode with a known key then it should work, however with my other car an MG ZTT a used (Valeo) keyfob could not be recoded to another car, but that uses the BMW EWS security module as most of it is BMW, same as the new Mini when it first came out. A new key for that had to be brand new and had to come with the barcode and needed a T4 session to program it to the car even just the remote function. Same with the IPK (instrument cluster) on that car to add the message centre a used one was no use and had to be brand new, however a very clever guy was able to virginise the IPK so a used one could be added as though it was a new part but still needed coding in with T4 diagnostics.

Lots of breakers offer used keys saying you just need to get them programmed but some certainly the ZTT can't be done.

ford want

Key fob - 75.73 in VAT without the blade

Blade - 58.37 inc VAT.

:blink: :o :lamo:

Yes this is why eBay the best source. Anyway the programming remote keys O ly needs one key. What your thinking of is the old programming method to add an extra key to the immobiliser on the old ford's

post-57840-0-15163800-1425061214_thumb.j

FORD FOCUS GALAXY,MONDEO ETC...

GENUINE PART

PART NO: 3M5T-15K601-AB

3 BUTTON KEY

GOOD CONDITION

UNCUT KEY BLADE

Is this the right one I need

Thanks Joe

Does the listing state that the internals are all present?

• IS COMING WITH INTERNAL CIRCUIT BOARD , battery & AND ORIGINAL CASE

• REQUIRES REPROGRAMMING TO SUIT YOUR CAR AND A NEW BLADE TO BE CUT
  • GREAT REPLACEMENT FOR YOU BROKEN, LOST OR SPARE ON FOR YOUR CAR KEY