Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Key Fob

westie321

Result! Well done!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

hi all. 

i gave up on trying to fit the central locking, but i think i will have a another go. 

I have looked in the head liner and found a connector for the receiver so i bought one, on trying to code the key fob its the same as it was, i get the first beep but not the second. 

I have looked at fuse 102 and its in there and not blown, i also went on to the 'elmconfig and ticked the boxes that needed to be on. 

Any ideas ??

• 7 years later...

Hi everyone 🙃

I have similar problem as westie321.

I hvave focus mk2 2006... I turn key 4 times and I hear beep... i click my remote and nothing.

My gem number is 4m5t-14a073-ag

I understand that I have to have rk reciver... when i remove cabin light I can't find it, and the isn't any installation for it.... is it possible to install it, what I need to buy and do to make it work 🙃

• Confused 1

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone,

I accidentally washed my remote key fob and it broke. I was a bit of a search because it seems its not a common key fob but I did manage to buy a new one 3M5T - 15K601.

The next step is off course registering this to the car for which I have not been able to find a list of steps that works.

I have a MK2.5 2010 focus wagon with a push start button. There is no ignition but only some piece of plastic so I can't turn that 4 or 8 times. There also doesn't seem to be a place in the cupholder to put it in.

Does anybody have an idea of how to register the key fob because the manual that came with the car says to turn the ignition which isn't there.

IMG20231203120535 (Large).jpg

IMG20231203120849 (Large).jpg

IMG20231203121342 (Large).jpg

1 hour ago, jork said:

Hello everyone,

I accidentally washed my remote key fob and it broke. I was a bit of a search because it seems its not a common key fob but I did manage to buy a new one 3M5T - 15K601.

The next step is off course registering this to the car for which I have not been able to find a list of steps that works.

I have a MK2.5 2010 focus wagon with a push start button. There is no ignition but only some piece of plastic so I can't turn that 4 or 8 times. There also doesn't seem to be a place in the cupholder to put it in.

Does anybody have an idea of how to register the key fob because the manual that came with the car says to turn the ignition which isn't there.

IMG20231203120535 (Large).jpg

IMG20231203120849 (Large).jpg

IMG20231203121342 (Large).jpg

The proximity sensor is around the fake key barrel for these, not in the cupholder.  Your emergency key blade should still start the car when slotted in the barrel.  If it doesn't, the proximity chip was also damaged in the wash and will need replacement. 

I'm not sure I've seen anyone reprogram keys for the keyless function on Mk2.5.  You may need an auto electrician to program them.

You could try placing the emergency blade in the slot, and then switching the ignition on & off using the button, in the same way you would turn a key, but I don't think the system is programmed to accept it in the same way.

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The proximity sensor is around the fake key barrel for these, not in the cupholder.  Your emergency key blade should still start the car when slotted in the barrel.  If it doesn't, the proximity chip was also damaged in the wash and will need replacement. 

I'm not sure I've seen anyone reprogram keys for the keyless function on Mk2.5.  You may need an auto electrician to program them.

You could try placing the emergency blade in the slot, and then switching the ignition on & off using the button, in the same way you would turn a key, but I don't think the system is programmed to accept it in the same way.

I still have one working key so starting is not the issue. I just wan't a 2nd working remote. The emergency key is still the one that was in the old remote. I just need to sync / regsiter the remote.

I haven't found anyone who registered this type, hence my question here. Inserting the key into the fake ignition and then try the 8 time off / on is actually something I haven't tried yet. 

5 minutes ago, jork said:

I still have one working key so starting is not the issue. I just wan't a 2nd working remote. The emergency key is still the one that was in the old remote. I just need to sync / regsiter the remote.

I haven't found anyone who registered this type, hence my question here. Inserting the key into the fake ignition and then try the 8 time off / on is actually something I haven't tried yet. 

You still need to check whether the emergency blade from the fob still starts the car. 

If the remote battery fails while you're out, the emergency blade is the only way you'll get home. 

Placing the emergency blade into the barrel allows the car to read the chip, which then allows the keyless programming.  Without that physical chip being read, anyone could just sync any keyfob to the car.

anyone could just sync any keyfob to the car

Using the emergency blade is not the issue. I have 2 that work but I'm trying to pair the 2nd key fob.

Using any of the blades into the fake ignition and trying these steps doesn't seem to work though. What do you mean with anyone could just sync?

1 hour ago, jork said:

Using the emergency blade is not the issue. I have 2 that work but I'm trying to pair the 2nd key fob.

Using any of the blades into the fake ignition and trying these steps doesn't seem to work though. What do you mean with anyone could just sync?

The chip in the emergency blade creates a physical connection between the car and the original key. 

If anyone could just synchronize new keys via radio signals then any thief could just program a new fob to steal the car.  That wouldn't be secure.

Unfortunately there may not be any way to add keys yourself with the keyless system.  I think you'll need it programmed by an auto locksmith.