Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cree Led Headlight Bulbs

rickyst

I was wanting to upgrade the dip beam on my fiesta and was looking at the cree led conversion and was wondering if anybody on here had had any experience with them ? I was looking at hids but they seem to have bad reviews. just looking for a little brighter and a blue tint thanks

• Like 2

I was wanting to upgrade the dip beam on my fiesta and was looking at the cree led conversion and was wondering if anybody on here had had any experience with them ? I was looking at hids but they seem to have bad reviews. just looking for a little brighter and a blue tint thanks

Hi Ricky,

Cree bulbs are great for fog lights and reverse lights they look just like HID

But they are not very bright for road driving,

The look bright but they dont spread it on the road,

Ive got them in fogs front and rear aswell as reverse,

But for dipped beam i highly recommend Osram cool blue intence there 4600kelvin and great light.

• Like 3

ok thanks for the advice :) am I right in thinking that hids are more of a pain than there worth ? thanks again

• Like 2

ok thanks for the advice :) am I right in thinking that hids are more of a pain than there worth ? thanks again

I personally don't think there worth the hassle mate,

Law changes all the time on them and most are blinding,

• Like 1

Hey Lenny would they pass mot?

Not in dipped beam or high beam no, because led cant be focused they spread light everywhere,

But in fogs, or reverse even in parking bulbs they will pass because these lights are position marking lights not required to have a focused point of light.

Best supplier of cree is alltronix.co.uk

Some eBay sellers supply fake cree that dont work.

• Like 1

ok mate cheers I will have a look at that website :)

Hey Lenny, great load of information as usual :)

I'm just wondering, have you found the Osrams life is less than standard bulbs or any difference?

I searched for them and found them here on amazon for £13.56, so you might be interested in that ricky: http://www.amazon.co.uk/INTENSE-halogen-headlamp-64210CBI-HCB-double/dp/B005Q0F9PA

Might be interested in some myself actually ;)

Also, can anyone remind me, it's 55w standard isn't it? I've heard 100w can end up melting the wiring.

Lenny I went on the alltronix website and came across all these: http://www.alltronix.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=108_45&zenid=9o3ujdob61lscsi1cb53hn5432

I don't know about them, they look a bit naff.. I suspect that darker blue tint (darker than the osrams) might make them more 'xenon' like, but not as bright as the osrams... - Your take on them? :lol:

Looking around at the osrams I've found them on another site for nearly £10 more!!!

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/cool-blue-intense-h7-two-bulbs

cheers for that mate. I will order some in the morning that seems like a really good price :) after listening to what lenny has to say I think there the best ones to go for

• Like 1

Not in dipped beam or high beam no, because led cant be focused they spread light everywhere,

But in fogs, or reverse even in parking bulbs they will pass because these lights are position marking lights not required to have a focused point of light.

Best supplier of cree is alltronix.co.uk

Some ebay sellers supply fake cree that dont work.

a ment the osrams lol and how long is the life?

• Like 1

Not tried or seen these in action big Dave, but you can't really use the fact that normal hid kits take approx 2-3 seconds to reach optimum output lol. Most people haven't even took off the handbrake in that time.

• Like 1

a ment the osrams lol and how long is the life?

Osram i get around 30 months out of them,

And i work nights every 3 weeks for five nights at a journey of 25 minutes each way so they get plenty of use,

As for cree reverse bulbs,

Have them fitted three years now and i reverse in to my drive everytime I come home,

• Like 2

Osram i get around 30 months out of them,

And i work nights every 3 weeks for five nights at a journey of 25 minutes each way so they get plenty of use,

As for cree reverse bulbs,

Have them fitted three years now and i reverse in to my drive everytime I come home,

Well for £13.56 you're looking at 45p a month...not toooo bad I suppose :P

....better start saving my pennies..

• Like 1

Well for £13.56 you're looking at 45p a month...not toooo bad I suppose :P

....better start saving my pennies..

Plus you cant put a price on the street credit. B)

IMG_20140113_101438_zpszxvcrny_edit_1389

IMG_20140113_102515_zpsayc3dfo_edit_1389

Image4068_zpsx4krqmj_edit_1389686940073_

Image4066_zpsc4ngjzr_edit_1389686727678_

Image4070_zpscwqivne_edit_1389686381132_

Image4069_zpsgwtk9z6a.jpg

• Like 1

Seen the Cree ones for fogs looking good gonna order next month as I've spent 400 this month and there 20odd lol

• Like 1

Seen the Cree ones for fogs looking good gonna order next month as I've spent 400 this month and there 20odd lol

They are Cree fogs i have fitted in above images too,

Easy to spend a fortune on the car especially a car that responds well to them such as the fiesta.

No meaning am not paying meaning av already spent 400 this month and 230 something is just for the car (led they osram blue bulbs and new grilles for ma car)lol getting them next month

• Like 1

HID's are pretty easy in the later lights. As for LED's, I now have these: http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/new-gen3-h7-5600k-cree-led-foglight-headlamp-kit-3000lm-white/

Brighter than HID's, nicer light and instant on rather than needing to warm up.

Do you have any pics of these in action??

Cheers!!!