Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

billyfullbrook

Bluefin On St 180

18 posts in this topic

I've got a st-2 2013 and thinking about getting a bluefin, but will it invalidate the warranty? Can it be traced etc

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

It will if they can check when the ecu was flashed,

The bluefin hasn't got many good reviews from people who have used it on STs, I can't remember the last time someone went down that route either. Have a look at revo, Mountune, Finsport, first.

I just don't want to void warranty just in case! Mp215 is a bit pricey and a few people have said it doesn't push 215bph more like 205bph

I've heard nothing but bad things about the bluefin for the st, avoid like the plague. There is an owner who has even had to sell his st as the bluefin has screwed up the ecu.

What's the best way to go? Without voiding warranty?

Mountune is the only way to go without voiding the warranty.

Keep it standard as it's great that way, or mp215 kit. To be blunt there is no way to get more than 212- 213 bhp (mp215 is ps ) without voiding the warranty, currently. You can look at finsport stage 1 who can supply a flash lead to put the ecu back to stock map if there are issues but that opens a can of worms as some people claim a tech can still see the map on the ecu has been changed at some point therefore voiding warranty if something goes wrong.

Mountune is the only way to go without voiding the warranty.

Have you got mountune on your st?

Have you got mountune on your st?

I don't even have my ST at the moment let alone Mountune :( Been in the dealer for 5 weeks now.

I had it on my last ST and was really pleased with it, it made 217 on Jamsports rollers. Getting it fitted again to my new ST on Friday.

What's up with yours nath? Swear you haven't had It long anyway :(

I don't even have my ST at the moment let alone Mountune :( Been in the dealer for 5 weeks now.

Was it you that had an oil leak? That is quite a wait.

I had it on my last ST and was really pleased with it, it made 217 on Jamsports rollers. Getting it fitted again to my new ST on Friday.

Looks like that could be the way ahead! Any other good mods to take into consideration? Any will be appreciated!

What's up with yours nath? Swear you haven't had It long anyway :(

Was it you that had an oil leak? That is quite a wait.

Sorry to go off topic. I've had it since May and it's never quite been right, misfiring and loosing power (even going in to limp mode) They've replaced crankshaft sensor, crankshaft pulley and most recently got auth to replace the PCM (ECU!!) which is now on back order :(

Luckily (if lucky at all) the courtesy car is top of the range 1.0l 125PS Titanium X which I've had for 5 weeks now!

Sorry to go off topic. I've had it since May and it's never quite been right, misfiring and loosing power (even going in to limp mode) They've replaced crankshaft sensor, crankshaft pulley and most recently got auth to replace the PCM (ECU!!) which is now on back order :(

Luckily (if lucky at all) the courtesy car is top of the range 1.0l 125PS Titanium X which I've had for 5 weeks now!

At least you haven't got a 1.25 zetec as a courtesy car i suppose...

Looks like that could be the way ahead! Any other good mods to take into consideration? Any will be appreciated!

There's not many extra parts that will keep warranty, Mountune intercooler and soon to be release ( hopefully) cat back exhaust will.

Intake hose is worth a look and takes a couple of mins to swap if you have a problem.

+ boost pipes for improved pickup