Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Name: greg
  • Ford Model: smax titainium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:41 PM

It was a Tech school with Labs and Metal/Wood working shops. ;)

proper school then, ;)

when my eldest was choosing a school we went and had a walk round my old senior school.by god what a change.where there were 2 metal and woodwork rooms there was 1 tiny room that covered everything.so me being me(as a carpenter)said to the teacher where are all the tools?he said this is it :o bejesus ive got more sitting in my garage then they had in this room.

mind you also went to another school who had a rather splendid state of the art gym multi million pound complex,so i asked what they were good at?????after approximatly about 5mins of thinking the teachers came back with 'well where quite good at basket ball'. :o :ermm:

as i work in a private school who would just die for this complex but are always in the local paper for there sports results i also said 'what a waste it was to have it when the teachers are no blooming good' well that went down like a lead ballon. :oops:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,671 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:45 PM

Ow
My youngest daughter who's five came home today and says theres a new teacher in school his name is "mr. Loines" or "mr.Tiger" cant remember which dad :lol:

#18 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,228 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:48 PM

Our metalshop had it's own blacksmithing section and enough lathes to build a warship.
I got an O level for making a hand beaten copper bowl and a gum machine (including a coin accepter).
O level woodwork for building a drop leaf table and a bowsaw. (My old Dad still has the table next to his bed for books 28 years later).

#19 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,671 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:56 PM

proper school then, ;)
when my eldest was choosing a school we went and had a walk round my old senior school.by god what a change.where there were 2 metal and woodwork rooms there was 1 tiny room that covered everything.so me being me(as a carpenter)said to the teacher where are all the tools?he said this is it :o bejesus ive got more sitting in my garage then they had in this room.
mind you also went to another school who had a rather splendid state of the art gym multi million pound complex,so i asked what they were good at?????after approximatly about 5mins of thinking the teachers came back with 'well where quite good at basket ball'. :o :ermm:
as i work in a private school who would just die for this complex but are always in the local paper for there sports results i also said 'what a waste it was to have it when the teachers are no blooming good' well that went down like a lead ballon. :oops:

Very true though generally schools over here anyway there crying out for funding for resources,
Ine would think sourcing the correct staff wouldn't be an issue

Our metalshop had it's own blacksmithing section and enough lathes to build a warship.
I got an O level for making a hand beaten copper bowl and a gum machine (including a coin accepter).
O level woodwork for building a drop leaf table and a bowsaw. (My old Dad still has the table next to his bed for books 28 years later).

Thats a cool story man,

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users