Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel Tuning Box ?

Damon Cook

Hi guys ive been reading up on a few of the chips that can be plugged into the engine and improve performance ive seen a few like chipexpress.com and dieseltuning.co.uk but i dont wanto be conned has anyone else used one of these

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi used one from diesel tuning for about 6 months on my 2006 2.0 focus, worked really well, however I then had the ecu remapped instead which is alot better. But yes the plug and play worked and could tell the difference. Ryan.

Thanks mate there priced well just trying to find which 1 does my mk1 focus

Wow thanx for the recommendation dude they look impressive fir the money

DTUK and tdituning are probably the only two I would really consider in my car!

Funnily enough my mate just fitted one to his mk5 astra a few weeks ago and caused a tube from the turbo or something to come off because of the increased pressure. Having said that it does have 90k on the clock and it's a vuaxhall so it was doomed from the day it rolled out the factory.

• Like 2

Yeh they just dont make vauxhall the way they make ford lol

None has 128 on the clock its probably only got a year left

What does the bluefin do?

It's a device that remaps the car. It's a handset that plugs into the OBDII port of your car, saves the orginal map on the handset (you can revert to the orginal map at any time) and then remaps your car. It can also be used to read fault codes on some models.

We sell bluefin devices on the club shop here:

http://www.mufflebox.com/collections/ford/bluefin-by-superchips

Click on Focus and then go through to select your model from the drop down box. Club members can also get a 5% discount on the price using the discount code BLUFORD5 and premium members can get a 10% discount using their code from the discount section. :)

Awesome im going to join the premium anyway wish id of known about the Halfords discount before i bought a small fortune of autoglym stuff for the car from there

Awesome im going to join the premium anyway wish id of known about the halfords discount before i bought a small fortune of autoglym stuff for the car from there

Great well in that case, as soon as you sign up to premium, your account is upgraded automatically and you will have access to the discount codes. Your membership pack and Halfords discount card will arrive in the post a few days later :)

Cool hopefully il get one of those bluefins soon better than plugging in a box on the engine

Cool hopefully il get one of those bluefins soon better than plugging in a box on the engine

Yeah I can vouch for them, I had a bluefin installed on my old Focus ST when I had it :)

My friend has just told me he has got a blue fin for his mk1 focus ST could i get that reprogrammed for my 1.8tdci??

Possibly but it would probably cost almost as much as a new one, possible more when you take into account a 10% premium discount. A bluefin is locked to the car it is first used on and requires "resetting" by Superchips (the manufacturer) to enable it to be used on another car. The amount they charge for this is almost as much as new one (maybe £20 less I think). They do this to protect their sales or otherwise people would share them among their friends of course. If they can change it to another car it would have to be reset and reprogrammed to probably quite expensive. You could always give Superchips a call and find out though.

I've been using CR TECH tuning boxes for years on my Octavia, Insignia and now on my Mondeo, great mpg improvement, and better performance. They don't increase pressure on the fuel system if left on the recommended setting. They're very safe, never had an issue with drivability. They've got discount deals at about £80 on eBay. And money back guarantee which I never used since they worked. Now... Why would you do a remap instead of a tuning box? Well, easy, it's custom, meaning they take your map on your ECU and adjust the variables instead of taking a generic map from any same car as yours and throwing on the variables.

This also reduces the risk of having a tuning box Sent out to you with a map for a totally different engine, which I've read has caused cars to end up in garages!

Must admit I considered cr but hadn't seen any reviews, it's good to see a review of them

Must admit I considered cr but hadn't seen any reviews, it's good to see a review of them

I'm certain people will feel like it's a steal

They do seem good value but you can also get first gen other suppliers for that price

Has anyone had any of these tubing boxes or remaps and actually used a dyno to test what there giving you in power?

I am looking at one now personally but I haven't seen Ford owners with one and a dynamic but browsing the net a few days ago people where claimed to be getting the full offer of the torque increase