Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid Install Mk7.5

roper993

I have installed some hid's into my fiesta and on the drivers side light , it keeps going. Off after a while , then switch them off to cool down then they work. I think the problem lies where my battery for them is aced as it's down the side of my engine coolant (see pic)

Does anyone know a better place for them to go or if the heat even has anything to do with them ?

Also I got some brackets(see pic) withy light a, does anyone know what they are for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

post-54467-140967939115_thumb.jpg

post-54467-140967940051_thumb.jpg

post-54467-140967940906_thumb.jpg

Is there enough spare cabling to get them under the headlights? Plenty of space and cooler air there.

I'm not too sure , will have to have a look , thanks.

Do you reckon they are overheating causing them to turn off , all the wiring seems fine ?

It's possible, that's one of the warmest places you have fitted them in.

Do they turn back on straight away or do you have to leave them a few minutes. If you have to leave them a while then it is more than likely heat related.

If I turn them off and back on they stay on for like a second then go off but if I leave it for like 10 mins they work for a while without problem !

In that case I do what willy has done above and hopefully it will be ok.

• Like 1

Thanks , do you know what those metal brackets are for in my pic ?

Thanks , do you know what those metal brackets are for in my pic ?

Not sure, do any holes line up with holes in the ballasts? They could be mounting brackets for them.

That didn't last long ! Gone out again , but quick on/off of lights and they are back on ?? Any thoughts?

I had 55w HIDs in my mk7 ZS and they were fine put them in the MK 7.5 ST and no joy just flickered on and off constantly then went out. Put in 35w terminator canbus ones from HIDs direct and all is good. I think it is just the 55w that might be your problem probably can't cope with them for some reason. My ballasts are in a similar place to yours and I never have a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I think there might be a loose connection, seems to go off on a bump, but like once every like 30/40 mins kinda , sometimes never

I think there might be a loose connection, seems to go off on a bump, but like once every like 30/40 mins kinda , sometimes never

That could be it my daughter had same problem on hers. Check the joints see if any of the connectors are getting pushed out of line

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

New car so no MOT till 2016 ;)

Here's some piccys.

20140130_184812_zps5od6vf6_edit_13912190

20140204_065152_zpsnmffvm4i.jpg

20140204_064946_zpsapizt6dk.jpg

wow that does look great! do you take it out on service etc? and easy to install? looks mint mate and easy to take back out if need be ?

also see you de tango-ed ur car too :P looks alot better (silvervision?)

I don't take them out as only the MOT people are interested in your lights. Many not even take them out for the MOT to see if it passes or not ;)

Silver Vision for the indicators and Night Breakers for the main beam H1s, not changed the fog lamps as I don't use them much.

I have the same HIDs as Willys. Bought from HID direct. A bit pricey but thats what u pay for quality.

Also hid the ballast under the headlights with a good quality double sided tape for a clean look.

post-48119-0-08242100-1409737551_thumb.j

• Like 2