Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

How Good Are Police Drug Dogs?

Ianb

After watching police interceptor, it got me wondering how good police drug dogs are.

For instance on tv, the police get a wiff of drugs or they get intel and they find the car they pull it over and as I said if they smell drugs then they get the ol' hound along and he takes a sniff... but it's only a car.. and the police have a pretty good idea that there could be drugs in the car.

But how good are the dogs in bigger scenarios?

Got a drug run to make? Best thing to put it in the fuel tank, or inside a tyre if you've got a mate in the trade, tyre off, drugs in, tyre back on, never find it in there due to being air tight.

• Like 1

:lol: Ahem... no...

Nah, I was wondering about buildings. Again with the police interceptors, I know when they get a hint they take the car back and strip it apart :lol:.. but like I said, they've got a 'hint' that somethings up, and a car is a relatively small place to search..

But a warehouse is a tad different...

If you need to store them in a warehouse for a while, break the floor up, put in boxes and baggie and concrete over the top and place machinery on top of it.

• Like 1

If you need to store them in a warehouse for a while, break the floor up, put in boxes and baggie and concrete over the top and place machinery on top of it.

<_<

srs though they are very very good, unless smarter than the average bear the police will always find it, even if they can't find it there and then they can seize the article / vehicle / premises until they do, if they suspect something it's probably 99.9999999999% certain there is something going on.

• Like 1

That's crazy. I know I've seen videos of them going crazy looking for things, I guess I'd love to see them walking through the door in a warehouse with idk, a bunch of boxes in each corner and then let go without being asked to find anything and see what they get up to. I remember watching a police dog training day thing when I was younger, but that was for the giant land sharks, they're amazing. Also I remember seeing a fire dog that can locate the presence of petrol or some sort of flammable fluid so that a fire officer can tell if it's been arson or not etc..

They're such clever little beasts :)

A dogs nose is 1000 times more efficient than the average human.

We walk past a restaurant and think 'that food smells nice', a dog can smell every ingredient separately.

I was tasked to an area search of a known cannabis growing facility on a farm and found an old revolver in a silage hopper.

It was predicted the weapon had been in it's location for over ten years vacuum packed and sealed in a steel box.

A well trained and motivated dog will find anything if it's there.

The myths about carbon paper, coffee, pepper etc are just that - pure myth.

• Like 2

A dogs nose is 1000 times more efficient than the average human.

We walk past a restaurant and think 'that food smells nice', a dog can smell every ingredient separately.

I was tasked to an area search of a known cannabis growing facility on a farm and found an old revolver in a silage hopper.

It was predicted the weapon had been in it's location for over ten years vacuum packed and sealed in a steel box.

A well trained and motivated dog will find anything if it's there.

The myths about carbon paper, coffee, pepper etc are just that - pure myth.

That's amazing :D Was that the springer that found it? Is he just trained for finding guns? Is Willow trained for finding stuff? Or just trained to clamp onto a wrong'uns backside?

Jed is a dual purpose dog (AES/Narcotics), he finds drugs and explosives/firearms/ammunition etc.

Willow tracks human scent and is also used for detaining suspects.

• Like 2

By detaining I hope you mean biting!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Only when absolutely necessary.

Usually a snarling/barking lump of muscle and fur 6 inches from someones gentlemens vegetables has a very good effect.

Biting is a last resort and usually only if someone strongly resists or is armed.

• Like 3

Usually a snarling/barking lump of muscle and fur 6 inches from someones gentlemens vegetables has a very good effect.

Biting is a last resort and usually only if someone strongly resists or is armed.

Is this you or the dog?

• Like 2

haha :P When one of them bites, it bleedin well hurts! however, when the other bites you seriously know!!!!

Anyway, whilst Matt's ideas of stashing in tyres are a good effort, sadly it doesnt work for a couple of reasons :p

1) the dogs nose is strong enough, and rubber isnt going to change that

2) lets just say rubber does stop the smell, their will ALWAYS be a trace elsehwere to exercise a search warrant

3) even if the drugs dont go anywhere else in the car, the scent of them can be wiped very easily onto any of the panels and a scent to a dog is like a perfectly imprinted fingerprint. Just because you cant see it, it just takes the slightest touch and you have the perfect impression!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club