Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disconnected Wire??

notfocused

Hi All,

was going to clean the car when i noticed a wire underneath the driver's seat. It's not connected....is this important or need to connect somewhere?????????

its a 2012 mk 3 focus titanium x

post-56036-0-72823700-1409866974_thumb.j

Whatever the cable is it definitely shouldn't be dangling loose under the seat not connected to anything.

Have you tried all the electrical features of the seat to see what isn't working?

Is the photo taken looking at the front of the seat or the rear? on some seats they have several different modular looms which then all clip into a common connector housing. This then marries up with the loom from the cabin harness wiring. In some cases if a seat loom connector isn't latched properly into the housing, when the body loom connector is pushed in the seat connection this can push the loose connector out.

By rights this whould then fail end of line electrical checks, but if it's still partially connected it could take time for it to fall out completely.

Could be a look for an extra your car has not got for example heated seats. Best to wait until someone can confirm that for you though.

it's taken from the front looking back under the driver's seat. no errors come up when driving the car though..i was thinking maybe the heated seats??...havent tested it yet...can anyone confirm?

there is some sort of pressure switch that makes the car shout when no seatbelt is warn, could see if that's it fairly easy.

I think there is also those models that have the electrically adjusted seats, or is it peddles... cant remember which. not sure how you could test it, if its a disabled feature you'd need to work out how to turn it on first.

an as mentioned heated seats but again I don't know how you'd go about testing that as you'd need to have it turned on as well

Hi ya I've got the same car. I've been and had a look at mine I think that plugs into a black box at the very front of the seat base right in the centre. Are the wife colours black, brown and 2 yellows? I've attached a picture (hopefully).

It says w.e.t automotive systems on it.

Hope this helps.

Adrian.

W.E.T Automotive supply parts for electronics such as heated seats or seat controls etc after a quick google. So a google of the information in that black box should hopefully reveal what its function is.

Probably a standard wiring loom that is for a extra you car was not fitted with. I.e. Heated seats perhaps?

Titanium x comes with heated seats as standard I believe. The op should have a switch either side of the cigarette lighter by the cup holder if they are present.

This connector is definitely for heated seats. The connector should be plugged into the heated seat control module which is mounted under the seat. The heated seat control module converts the resistant signal from the heated seat switches into a matching power signal that powers the heated seat elements which are installed in the seat. The heated seat modules do have more or less the same functionality as an electronic thermostat.

Without the connector plugged into the module the heated seats will not be functioning.

Are the wife colours black, brown and 2 yellows?

How many wives do you think he's got? :D

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club