Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spark Plug Change

experiax10

Hello, My spark plugs haven't been changed on my car for 3 years now. I've only done 15,000 miles since mind. It's going in for a service in a fortnight, should I ask for the garage to change them or leave it for a later date? Car seems to be running fine at the moment.

Given Bosch super4's are only £12 a pack and take a few mins to change just get em done I'd say, after 15k they are probably quite black.

Yes your probably right, for that price I can't go wrong. Where too are they available at that price?

For the same money you can get a set of genuine ford ones from the dealer.

Don't ford use Bosch ones anyway? I'd buy them from Fleabay, can't go wrong, NGK's are the best ones Imo but generally £30 ish a set, still dirty cheap for something you change every 2 years.

I'm not sure who makes the ford ones? I know Bosch make a lot of their service parts though so could be.

I know some fords are picky on plugs so I always say you can't go wrong with genuine.

Can never go wrong with genuine, unless a Renault. if same price then bargain, never bought from a Stealer.

Mate made the mistake once of buying an Alfa Brera V6 Q4, needed plugs every 6K and wanted 2 per cylinder so 12 of the !Removed! things @£24 each, joke.

If they have been in for three years I hope they were installed with an anti seize compound ! Those plugs can get very tight and difficult to remove if they haven't been anti seize treated ...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club