Do Not Sell My Personal Information

background buzzing noise & after a trip...

RIIIDAA

Excuse the !Removed! poor camera work here guys, but when i get into the car my dash is lit up, and from somewhere is a background buzzing noise as captured on the clip do you experience this?

In the clip below you can hear it from the outset, it sounds particularly annoying after a 12 mile trip into c london because i park away from traffic noise. Also after such a drive when the car has been off for about 4-5mins (7 seconds into the clip) a noise like a Nestcafe coffee maker can be heard for a few moments, it stops, and a few seconds later what happens is the buzzing stops, until you open a door or touch the controls.

Is it just me???

• Like 1

Mine dont make that noise - sounds like a ladyshave - you doing your legs or something lol.

I haven't listened to the clip, I don't have a speaker at the mo! But it sounds like the same noise I get, I'm guessing it's a normal noise of things winding down/up. It stops if you wait long enough, but I've no idea what it is.

(1.4 titanium, bluetooth + usb)

I dont know, I get a noise but its normally only for a second, this goes on for quite some time.

Excuse the !Removed! poor camera work here guys, but when i get into the car my dash is lit up, and from somewhere is a background buzzing noise as captured on the clip do you experience this?

In the clip below you can hear it from the outset, it sounds particularly annoying after a 12 mile trip into c london because i park away from traffic noise. Also after such a drive when the car has been off for about 4-5mins (7 seconds into the clip) a noise like a Nestcafe coffee maker can be heard for a few moments, it stops, and a few seconds later what happens is the buzzing stops, until you open a door or touch the controls.

Is it just me???

I think this is a similar noise to the one I get but a little more pronounced.

I was told that it was the fan for the EATC which monitors the internal temperature of the car so consequently it has to be on all the time.

On mine some days it's louder than others but it's nowhere near as loud as that.

It sounds like you've got a wasp or a bee buzzing around....... :lol:

I've got similar noise sometimes and I don't know if it is normal or not:/ but I didn't have such noises in my previous golf:P

• 3 months later...
I think this is a similar noise to the one I get but a little more pronounced.

I was told that it was the fan for the EATC which monitors the internal temperature of the car so consequently it has to be on all the time.

On mine some days it's louder than others but it's nowhere near as loud as that.

It sounds like you've got a wasp or a bee buzzing around....... :lol:

Hello,

I too have this awful buzzing noise exactly as described here. Did anyone find out what it was/is?

Has anyone found a cure at all?

Its got worse since i got the car 6 weeks ago and is now driving me mad.

I'm due to go in for my 1500ml service this week so i shall point it out to the dealer.

Thanks,

Mark.

Is it just me???

Hey,

i have the same problem i dont know what's causing it but its annoying :(

i have the same thing and i also have it in the alfa so im guessing its something to do with all the stuff in the car shuting down after arrival :unsure: :unsure:

Is it just me???

Mine's exactly the same - and always has been since I took delivery in mid April. It's nothing to worry about, I believe it's something to do with the Electronic Climate Control on the Titanium.

Mine's exactly the same - and always has been since I took delivery in mid April. It's nothing to worry about, I believe it's something to do with the Electronic Climate Control on the Titanium.

I wonder if this only occurs on Fiestas with Electronic Climate Control?

The buzzing emanates from the right hand side of the centre console. There is a single small rectangular vent there an inch or so across

and the sound seems to come from behind that area. Its got worse over the couple of months ive had the car, i hardly noticed it originaly

but now its getting louder and can be heard when driving with the radio on quite low. (4-6) Passengers have commented on it as well.

I can't imagine its "meant" to be like this because more people would have complained, im sure.

It starts the moment you open the door and continues until 5 mins after you stop the engine.

Why would the climate control need it to do that? It even does it when the heater has been off for days!

I'm thinking of going to see if the dealer can fix it under warranty.

Mark

Sounds like maybe a fan/motor is pressed against part of the dash,

I imagine it will be very very annoying, especially on a brand new car

Mine makes wirring noises after the engine is switched off. I have the EATC as well, if you listen when you select from feet air to face you can also hear a wirr I assume as the motor changes the air flow direction. Doesn't bother me though really.

I wonder if this only occurs on Fiestas with Electronic Climate Control?

The buzzing emanates from the right hand side of the centre console. There is a single small rectangular vent there an inch or so across

and the sound seems to come from behind that area. Its got worse over the couple of months ive had the car, i hardly noticed it originaly

but now its getting louder and can be heard when driving with the radio on quite low. (4-6) Passengers have commented on it as well.

I can't imagine its "meant" to be like this because more people would have complained, im sure.

It starts the moment you open the door and continues until 5 mins after you stop the engine.

Why would the climate control need it to do that? It even does it when the heater has been off for days!

I'm thinking of going to see if the dealer can fix it under warranty.

Mark

It's like I said earlier----it's the fan for the EATC motor.

It has to be on all the time to monitor the internal temperature of the car.

Don't worry about it...there's nothing wrong.

Incidentally, that info came straight from Ford technical department via my dealer so it's pucka!

It's like I said earlier----it's the fan for the EATC motor.

It has to be on all the time to monitor the internal temperature of the car.

Don't worry about it...there's nothing wrong.

Incidentally, that info came straight from Ford technical department via my dealer so it's pucka!

Hiya Hedgepig,

Thanks for that, rather reassuring. However... on mine its really really loud.

Rather like when a fan in a computer wears out. I wonder if its a similar issue.

It sounds exactly like in the youtube video featured earlier in this thread.

It drives me crazy. But I guess there are worse things to worry about!

Also does anyone else notice that the rear window wiper doesn't complete a 180 degree sweep but

stops rather short at about 140 degrees? It leaves quite a portion of the window uncleared.

Or is this just on mine? On my MK6 it used to "go over" much further.

Mark

i get a buzzing/clicking noise which sounds like its coming from behind me but im still to find the cause , very anoying

Hiya Hedgepig,

Thanks for that, rather reassuring. However... on mine its really really loud.

Rather like when a fan in a computer wears out. I wonder if its a similar issue.

It sounds exactly like in the youtube video featured earlier in this thread.

It drives me crazy. But I guess there are worse things to worry about!

Also does anyone else notice that the rear window wiper doesn't complete a 180 degree sweep but

stops rather short at about 140 degrees? It leaves quite a portion of the window uncleared.

Or is this just on mine? On my MK6 it used to "go over" much further.

Mark

My rear wiper is exactly the same Mark poor isn't it?

My rear wiper is exactly the same Mark poor isn't it?

Hi Brent,

So its not just me then?

I does seem poor indeed, there doesn't seem to be any reason for it... ah well.

Mark.

• 1 year later...

I have this exact problem, it's the control unit for the climate control specifically what measures the temperature to keep it stable.

The dealer can fix it by recalibrating the unit or even replacing it if necessary. Having it done to my car on Thursday and all should be fine again.

Drives me up the wall

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news mrobins64495 but we had ours calibrated twice already and it still isn't fixed, and its only getting louder the longer we have it. We noticed it the day we picked it up and have had problems ever since. Very very annoying and very distracting.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news mrobins64495 but we had ours calibrated twice already and it still isn't fixed, and its only getting louder the longer we have it. We noticed it the day we picked it up and have had problems ever since. Very very annoying and very distracting.

Annoyingly enough your right! So it's back into the garage today lol.

Second attempt to fix it.

i can tell you exactly what it is, and people are partially right by saying its the climate control

it's not the climate *fan*, but the climate's electronic valve which switches air direction returning to the lock position.

perfectly normal and found in most cars with climate control, exactly the same happens with my dad's 3 series.

you will actually hear this sound whenever you change air direction when the engine is on - its just drowned out by the sound of the engine.

as for getting louder - that is likely something wearing in the valve and should be looked at but be warned its a dash-out job so most dealers would shy away from asking ford to reimburse warranty work of that calibre - they will try and fob you off with "its normal" and be technically correct even though it shouldnt be getting louder.

incidentally if you want to prove this, simply put the ignition on (but not engine) set the fan speed to low and change the direction settings. you should hear a similar noise each time.

peace :)

• 2 weeks later...

It would be the Heating control unit needs replacing.

Mine got reconfigured that didn't work and now they have replaced it, and it's all blissful silence from now on :)

Get it into the dealer it's all under warrenty.