Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 Oem Ford (Nolden) Drl Fitting Instructions

madmole

So many people have asked me about fitting these and how hard or easy

I did these in the dark and light rain with torch in mouth in about 1.5 hours the first time. i could do them in under an hour easily now

You have to take the front lights out and the black front quarter panels out. No need to go underneath the car at all. You could even avoid the soldering using scotch blocks if you wanted or twisting the wires in. I would suggest in UK, you DON'T cut wire 12 either side or else you will have no Park lights! and fail your MOT despite what they say about European regs

Here are scans of the fitting instructions. Click on the thumbs to see the full image

th_image1.jpg

th_image2.jpg

th_image3.jpg

th_image4.jpg

th_image5.jpg

th_image6.jpg

th_image7.jpg

th_image8.jpg

th_image9.jpg

th_image10.jpg

And the final result

IMG_0095.jpg

Hope that's useful to some people. This isn't the cheapest DRL solution, but it is OEM and looks great, plus the LEDs actually points forward and not out like home brew fittings

Oh and my Ford badge changed to white today 8-)

Stephen

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi thanks Stephen

Excellent fitting guide..

Regards Keith

• 1 year later...

Hi Stephen I know this is an old thread but do you know the kelvin rating of the nolden daytime running lights

thanks

No idea I'm afraid. I would hazard a guess at 1000 or so. I accidently left my lights off in a forest one night and was driving around cursing my headlamps  only to realise I was on DRL's only and was driving at 30mph on them alone. They are noticeable even in very bright sunlight and definitely throw a beam at night even in half brightness mode

Just wondered how white they are.

Stephen, values around 3200K are normally referred to as 'Warm White', values around 6400K as 'Cool White' or 'Daylight' so they certainly won't be as low as 1000K. Most DRLs are quite a cold white so I'd guess they're nearer the 6400K mark.

Ah, when you said how bright I meant around 1000 lumens

As for how white, they are not quite cool white, just a tadge to the daylight side, so around 5500-6000K I'd guess

He did ask for the Kelvin rating, i.e. colour temperature, so I assumed your '1000' meant 1000K.

Departing from topic slightly I'm old enough to remember when LEDs first appeared. You could have any colour as long as it was red and they were not very bright. They didn't seem to improve much for many years apart from other colours becoming available then, quite suddenly it seems, we have intensely bright white LEDs. I still find that astonishing.

Yep, me at cross purposes. next time I'll read the post before answering 8)

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club