Do Not Sell My Personal Information

08 Ford Focus Problems Need Some Suggestions

Marks12

Hi I am new here and I have a problem with my 08 ford focus mk2 1.8 TDCI zetec ok 2 problems.

Problem number 1 which was the first one i noticed is when I am driving at any speed particularly at 100 kilometers an hour and i gradually take my foot off the gas for a few seconds and it will slow down but when its going from 100 down to 80 the car will chug like its about to cut out (best word i can think of to describe the issue). This is when I am in 5th gear I have also noticed it happening in 4th gear as well. (and no I'm not just changing down gears).

Problem number 2, This problem only occurred today on the way in to work as I put the window down the ABS and the warning light came on some other light also came on, as i put the window up the same lights came on and the radio shut off as if the car was turned off and i had locked it. (which obviously isnt the case when i was going 80kilometers and hour at the time)

any suggestions would be appreciated

Don't know much about your chugging issue but the second one you mention could maybe be an issue with battery, loose battery connections or loose connector going to the junction box under the dash on the passenger side.

Thanks Troy I will have a look at that. If I cant find the problem i hope my mechanic will.

Any one have any suggestions about the Chugging problem or maybe another suggestion about the electric problem could it be a Fuse?

I think the power problems are connected to the chugging.

Engine revs drop and the car almost stalls sounds like a symptom of temporary power loss to the ecu and other critical components.

Check the engine bay and footwell fuseboards for corrosion/loose connectors/damaged wires.

I'd suggest a once over by an auto electrician is your first call.

I think the power problems are connected to the chugging.

Engine revs drop and the car almost stalls sounds like a symptom of temporary power loss to the ecu and other critical components.

Check the engine bay and footwell fuseboards for corrosion/loose connectors/damaged wires.

I'd suggest a once over by an auto electrician is your first call.

Thanks Stoney am having it looked at tomorrow so I hope my guy finds the problem for me. you don't by any chance know what a job like that would cost would you? (I know your answer would be in pounds but i can convert them to euro) thanks.

Depends on any parts required, labour involved and various unquantifiable factors.

Sometimes garages will allow you to source your own parts cheaper and fit for you.

Definitely get a quote before making any decisions though.

Thanks for the Help guys I will post a reply to let you guys know how i got on :)

Thanks for the Help guys I will post a reply to let you guys know how i got on :)

Please do.

Hopefully not an expensive job.

• Like 1

Please do.

Hopefully not an expensive job.

Ok I had the car at the mechanics i bought the car off in August he brought it to a car electrician who found that there was a micro processor gone in it, My mechanic replaced this and didn't charge a thing, and too the chugging problem it is still there they reckon it is because of the quality of diesel as most garages are now doing in Ireland they are getting kerosene in and dying it too make it look like regular diesel and selling it for cheap.

Also i need to get my hands on that special funnel for in order to get some cleaner into the diesel tank.

Cheap fuel won't be doing the car much good, i'd recommend a new fuel filter as it's probably none to healthy by now.

You can get the funnels from a Ford dealer quite cheaply.

BG244 or equivalent in a tank of fuel and maybe a bottle of injector cleaner in the next tankful should help greatly.

Thanks stoney will do I have injecter cleaner but no way of putting it in with fords security system meaning the only thing you can put in the fuel tank is the nosel of the diesel pump or the special funnel which I don't have could you recommend a good injector cleaner as I have the stuff you can buy in tesco

:)

Tbh a can of BG244 will probably be best for you as it will invigorate your whole fuel system.

Search eBay, there's loads of suppliers on there.

Check out this post http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/61590-2008-focus-tsb/

Might be the same batch i have which make the engine chug every now and again.

Thanks pezza,

I was up at my girlfriends sisters last night and went with her fella to de pub so I drove cause he's a mechanic and wanted him to feel the chugging and he did he reckoned it was a injector alright

Also found out that the last number on my injectors is a 2 and is not a 3

• 2 weeks later...

Check out this post http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/61590-2008-focus-tsb/

Might be the same batch i have which make the engine chug every now and again.

I have encountered a new thing today on way to work. Basically i was on way to work and was going around a few bends in 4th gear as i put my foot on accelerator to get going again nothing seemed to happen for a few mins but then it did the turbo kicked in and that is when i noticed in my mirror a plume of smoke came out not it wasn't continuous

Had similar on daughters fiesta. it was wiring harness to fuel pressure sensor worn against engine block and shorting every time the engine moved , ie throttle off or on hard. was stumped until it threw a fuel pressure sensor code eventually

Yours also sounds like it is linked to engine movement so check the looms

Had similar on daughters fiesta. it was wiring harness to fuel pressure sensor worn against engine block and shorting every time the engine moved , ie throttle off or on hard. was stumped until it threw a fuel pressure sensor code eventually

Yours also sounds like it is linked to engine movement so check the looms

Thanks mate I'll look into that

ok i have now noticed a smell of burning coming into my car now it wasnt smokey outside and its happened now more than once.

could it be a burning clutch?

• 1 month later...

right so on tuesday the car is finally going to get diagnosed just hope if its a fault thats causing the chugging it will show up fingers crossed :P

right so on tuesday the car is finally going to get diagnosed just hope if its a fault thats causing the chugging it will show up fingers crossed :P

and as usual no fault codes showed >< so going tomorrow to change the fuel filter too see if that helps fingers crossed

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club