Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone tried 2-stroke oil in their diesel?

mjt

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has seen this discussion on the merits of adding a prophylactic dose of 2-stroke oil to their fuel in the common-rail diesels to improve the lubrication of the high-pressure pump and other fuel-system components.

The arguments sound plausible so I have taken the plunge and added 250ml to a full tank (that's a ratio of 1:200, about one-tenth of the ratio for a 2-stroke engine). The car seems to be running fine after about 60 miles although I haven't noticed any reduction in noise level as claimed in the discussion.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has seen this discussion on the merits of adding a prophylactic dose of 2-stroke oil to their fuel in the common-rail diesels to improve the lubrication of the high-pressure pump and other fuel-system components.

The arguments sound plausible so I have taken the plunge and added 250ml to a full tank (that's a ratio of 1:200, about one-tenth of the ratio for a 2-stroke engine). The car seems to be running fine after about 60 miles although I haven't noticed any reduction in noise level as claimed in the discussion.

commonrails would run on alot of oils simialar viscosity to diesel as long as it is mixed in at the right ratio, i'd be interested to know if the two stroke oil works on noise reduction(my god i love the smell of burning two stroke oil haha), my dads beem using a 40/60 mix of bio-diesel/regular diesel recently and there has been a noticeable sound difference