Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Very Noisy Inside Focus

DMB1

Hi, I've have had my 2010 focus 5 door since May and love it, but there's one gripe. When you go over 40 mph, whether it be in the front or the back, the road noise is very loud as if a window is down or one of the seals round the door is off.

It's noticeable in the front, but in the back it's quite bad and when on the motorway at 70, you struggle to have a conversation with people sitting in the front.

Is this normal?

Mark...

Pretty much, yeah lol

Tyres can be part of the problems.

Another one appears to be the fascia panels on the wing mirrors/car body. They aren't the tightest of fit.

I know what you mean about it being annoying. I spent the first month trying to put the windows up all the time lol

Can you see how well the doors shut to the body, are they flush or uneven maybe? sometimes the setting of these (with door strikers) can cause windnoise if they're under-flush.

Might look naff but try taping up a couple of the doors or window seals and see if the noise goes away, same with the mirrors. Obviously not a permanent fix but will help guide you in the right direction.

Hi, I've have had my 2010 focus 5 door since May and love it, but there's one gripe. When you go over 40 mph, whether it be in the front or the back, the road noise is very loud as if a window is down or one of the seals round the door is off.

It's noticeable in the front, but in the back it's quite bad and when on the motorway at 70, you struggle to have a conversation with people sitting in the front.

Is this normal?

Mark...

Mark

Yeah this is normal mate. I have a 2009 zetec 1.6 and love it but I added wind deflectors and thought this was the problem of me not installing them correctly and was getting a noise as if the windows are down but no all was installed 100% and still get the noise.

I myself constantly still check if the windows are up lol!

as for the road noise our local country roads are not too bad but when I'm on the motorway from Belfast to Colraine at 70mph then its more noticeable and a bit intrusive for my liking. I get what you mean by trying to talk to people in back and front with the noise (sometimes I cant hear the kids at all whicj is not a bad thing lol!) but this is normal as far as I now, I was actually thinking of adding more sound insulation to the floor of the focus to try to dampen out more road noise but again as sean stated above it can be down t tyres as well.

I was hearing a bit of wind noise in my mk3 2014 adjusted the doors slightly by moving the striker plates in a little and it has helped , its stopped it altogether but has reduced it.

Common issue on the focus dont think the 2010 plates are adjustable though

Good to know that it's not only my car then. It got that bad, that I got the missus to drive down the motorway with me in the back to see how bad it was.

I'm thinking that the designer must have had a nagging wife...left it that way on purpose...

Can't hear her over the noise :D

• Like 1

I know ford have replaced door rubbers altered doors checked door skins to no avail

My Mk2.5 is definitely more noisy than the wife's Mk1.5 - more road noise and a lot more wind noise. Very disappointing. Definitely a step backwards IMHO.

I've just tuned it out...unless I'm driving on my own and a good song comes on the radio...at which point the noise gets drowned out and the song ruined :D

Can this be helped with more sound insulation? Has anybody tried this?

Yes more sound deadening under the carpets and boot and under the rear seats will help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club