2 replies to this topic

#1 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:10 PM

Years ago I used to have a Lancia Y10 (yes I know, for those of you that remember it don't laugh too loudly) which had electrically operated opening rear windows that were hinged on the leading edge so that they pivoted out. This was a wonderful and very simple invention but, to the best of my knowledge, no manufacturer took this idea further forward and now cars like the new Fiesta don't even have opening rear windows.

Anyone know why such a simple solution to allow the driver to open and close the windows never got adopted more widely?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:08 PM

Years ago I used to have a Lancia Y10 (yes I know, for those of you that remember it don't laugh too loudly) which had electrically operated opening rear windows that were hinged on the leading edge so that they pivoted out. This was a wonderful and very simple invention but, to the best of my knowledge, no manufacturer took this idea further forward and now cars like the new Fiesta don't even have opening rear windows.

Anyone know why such a simple solution to allow the driver to open and close the windows never got adopted more widely?

I have them on the BMW.

#3 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

I have them on the BMW.

Nice to see that what I thought was a simple idea has not died out then

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users