Get Your Club gear
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paulworthing

Opening Rear Windows on 3 Door

3 posts in this topic

Years ago I used to have a Lancia Y10 (yes I know, for those of you that remember it don't laugh too loudly) which had electrically operated opening rear windows that were hinged on the leading edge so that they pivoted out. This was a wonderful and very simple invention but, to the best of my knowledge, no manufacturer took this idea further forward and now cars like the new Fiesta don't even have opening rear windows.

Anyone know why such a simple solution to allow the driver to open and close the windows never got adopted more widely?

Years ago I used to have a Lancia Y10 (yes I know, for those of you that remember it don't laugh too loudly) which had electrically operated opening rear windows that were hinged on the leading edge so that they pivoted out. This was a wonderful and very simple invention but, to the best of my knowledge, no manufacturer took this idea further forward and now cars like the new Fiesta don't even have opening rear windows.

Anyone know why such a simple solution to allow the driver to open and close the windows never got adopted more widely?

I have them on the BMW.

I have them on the BMW.

Nice to see that what I thought was a simple idea has not died out then