AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beermonster

Ford Raises The Prices Of Its Cars By 4%

4 posts in this topic

Just read this on the news, glad I register mine this month

Ford is to increase the price of its new vehicles in the UK by an average of 4%.

Ford blames the weak pound for the price hike

Britain's biggest-selling car company said the weakness of the pound against the euro was behind the hike.

The hike will add around £600 to the price of a Ford Fiesta and about £650 to a Focus and a Mondeo.

It is the second price hike by the company this year, following the 3.5% average increase which took effect on April 1.

Sky News

The hike will add around £600 to the price of a Ford Fiesta and about £650 to a Focus and a Mondeo.

This is not a small raise...

Never buy new cars anyway. First few years loses couple grand off value easy!

British-built Ford engines and gearboxes, are sent to europe to be built-up and sold everywhere as complete cars.

Can we assume that our cheaply produced exported engines and gearboxes have cut the prices of Fords abroad??

I DON'T THINK SO !!

Ford are obviously pocketing the increase in profitability abroad, but making the Brits suffer for making cheaper drive-train units, as our weak pound MUST be lowering their costs.