Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can I Place A Ford Radio 6000 In My Fusion ?

Fusion_Driver72

Hi there,

I have a question on the Ford OEM Car audio.

My Fusion (2005) has the standard Ford 4500 RDS EON radio/CD with steeringwheel controls (volume up/down, next/previous track, next/previous preset radiostation) This is the 2DIN radio, looks like it consists of 3 parts :rolleyes:

I have found some 2nd-hand Ford 6000 radio's on the internet, and I was wondering if I could place such a radio in my Fusion.

The advantage is that they have an AUX port (see photo 1) :rolleyes: and a CD-changer connector

and I can connect the Yatour USB/SD/AUX connector on it, so I can play MP3's from a memorystick, SD-card or my smartphone.

(see photo 2) :rolleyes: This Yatour device connects to the CD-changer connector.

Can I use the cabling of my current radio, and will it be possible to make the steering wheel controls work also ?

Does anybody of you have any experience on this ?

I have seen some youtube-movies about replacing the radio on a Ford Fusion, and I'm pretty skillfull in electronics/computers and I have built in some radio's in other cars... :P

thanks in advance for your reply.....

post-57978-0-29104000-1410118139_thumb.j

post-57978-0-04104900-1410118140_thumb.j

It is possible to do, there are different ones that are all called 600cd, the Mondeo one fits differently from the Focus one, etc

it is line-in only, so you can attach an mp3 player, smart phone etc, but you will not be able to change tracks from the headunit/ steering wheel (only from the player/device itself) it cannot accept a USB stick directly

Remember the 6000CD goes way back to about 2000, thats 14 years ago, things have moved on, it does not even play mp3-cds

perhaps a more modern head unit like a dvd player with a 7" touch screen, sat nav, camera input (for reversing camera) aux in, USB and sd reader, etc etc - the price has come right down down for these -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Transit-Fiesta-Fusion-Kuga-Dash-DVD-Player-GPS-Head-Unit-with-Rear-Camera-/251522717413?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3a8fec16e5

Thanks for the reply FOCA.

I will look at the link you supplied. However, I don't need a DVD player in my car, as this will not be good for keeping the eyes on the road :)

My wife has a Tablet that she mounts to the sunvisor for long distance rides :)

I have searched the internet and come accross this Pioneer Radio.

http://www.pioneer.eu/nl/products/25/121/61/FH-X700BT/page.html > See photo.

I don't know if it will work with the steering controls of my Fusion, but there is also a wireless remote control available that can be mounted on my steering wheel.

http://www.pioneer.eu/nl/products/25/38/301/CD-SR100/page.html

Maybe Pioneer has an adapter for the original steering wheel cable ? don't know :huh:

I'm saving money for this one, maybe a nice gift under the Xmas-tree this year :P

post-57978-0-73869600-1410292996_thumb.j

post-57978-0-68951400-1410293095_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club