Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Titanium Or Titanium X - A Couple Of Questions

FiestaOwner

Hi everyone. I'm planning on trading in my 2010 Fiesta Titanium 1.4 automatic for a new Fiesta Powershift Ecoboost shortly (not sure if it'll be a Titanium or Titanium X yet though). I have a couple of (possibly dumb) questions about some of the gadgets...

Reversing camera - my current Fiesta has the rear parking sensors so does the reversing camera also do the proximity beep thing too?

Keyless entry (I think this is part of the "convenience pack" promotion) - does the car unlock if you're just walking past it or do you have to try opening the door (and it will only unlock if you have the fob in your pocket)? And how do you lock it?

Keyless entry you press a button on the door handle to lock/unlock with the key in your pocket etc.

Doesn't sound very good. I might go for a Titanium and see if I can get a bit of a discount by not having the keyless entry stuff installed.

Each to there own, I find it quite a good system, don't have to take my keys out of my pocket to get in the car or start it. You press the button with your thumb as you grab the handle to pull it. To lock, shut the door and pres the button to lock or twice to double lock. You can still use the buttons on the fob to lock/unlock and open /close windows. If you want to get something out of the boot you just walk up to it and open it as normal then close it afterwards, no need to arm or disarm.

Hi everyone. I'm planning on trading in my 2010 Fiesta Titanium 1.4 automatic for a new Fiesta Powershift Ecoboost shortly (not sure if it'll be a Titanium or Titanium X yet though). I have a couple of (possibly dumb) questions about some of the gadgets...

Reversing camera - my current Fiesta has the rear parking sensors so does the reversing camera also do the proximity beep thing too?

Keyless entry (I think this is part of the "convenience pack" promotion) - does the car unlock if you're just walking past it or do you have to try opening the door (and it will only unlock if you have the fob in your pocket)? And how do you lock it?

Go for tx. Or u might think if only..just a thought .

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Keyless entry is fantastic. And yes, your car does beep with the camera :)

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Paul, i had the same concerns regarding the keyless entry but since having the car i realise i had no need to worry and actually like it. Go for the TX if poss, the seats are so much better as standard and the little extras are nice. I have the powershift version and love it. Very difficult to drive it economically as the blooming thing just takes off and you tend to get carried away and use the power.

Paul, i had the same concerns regarding the keyless entry but since having the car i realise i had no need to worry and actually like it. Go for the TX if poss, the seats are so much better as standard and the little extras are nice. I have the powershift version and love it. Very difficult to drive it economically as the blooming thing just takes off and you tend to get carried away and use the power.

What are the differences between the seats?

The titanium x has sports style seats in half leather as standard. I found these much more comfortable than the standard titanium seats

Ahh I see, are these Recaro ones like in the ST?

A new day and I'm tempted to get a Titanium X now - I'm just so indecisive!

Next dilemma is the colour. :rolleyes:

+1 for keyless entry being great. After I lock the door to my flat my keys never leave my pocket til I get home (unless I use them to open the windows).

• Like 2

Ahh I see, are these Recaro ones like in the ST?

no, more like zetec s but leather

If the keyless entry is anything like the VW and Kia's keyless entry they work great, good luck with the choices.

A new day and I'm tempted to get a Titanium X now - I'm just so indecisive!

Next dilemma is the colour. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid the colour you are going to have to choose your self lol i picked moondust silver.ps I love the keyless entry..

Everyone loves keyless entry...just get it man!!!! :D

• Like 1

no, more like zetec s but leather

Ahh thanks for clearing that up!

Hi everyone. I'm planning on trading in my 2010 Fiesta Titanium 1.4 automatic for a new Fiesta Powershift Ecoboost shortly (not sure if it'll be a Titanium or Titanium X yet though).....Snip

To X or not to X?

Depends if you will use the extra toys.in the X

Keyless entry is the best toy followed by leccy rear windows and the power fold mirrors (when locked) has cured my OCD.

• 4 weeks later...

After a lot of chats with local dealers I finally decided to get a Titanium. The Titanium X seems to be extremely rare at the moment so I would have ended up waiting a while if i really wanted one and I was still a bit undecided about whether I'd use the extra toys all that much,

Picking up my new Titanium later today! :D

What colour did you decide on ?

What colour did you decide on ?

Panther Black - my old car was the same colour.... I just like black Fiestas!

One minor complication.... my new car doesn't have the Convenience Pack (no keyless entry or start/stop button). The dealer was as confused as me about this as it's definitely a brand new car and should have it fitted free of charge. After a lot of head-scratching (and me threatening to pull out of the deal) we reached a compromise and they gave me £500 quid off.

Really nice to drive though, loving it so far. Only thing I noticed when I got home - the engine seems to get very warm (and I only drove it back from the dealer to my house - maybe 3 miles tops)... possibly something with it being brand new?

Time to update my profile.

Had you asked for the convenience pack ? Mine doesn't have that and thought it was an optional extra. Mine is a 14 plate though

Had you asked for the convenience pack ? Mine doesn't have that and thought it was an optional extra.

Ford are doing a promotion at the moment where it's "free" (or rather included in the price - the dealers pay for it and then they are reimbursed ... or something like that)

Ahh right. Thought I was missing something. Thanks

To be honest the keyless or start button doesnt appeal all that much to me ( maybe cause I don't have it) id be more annoyed if they were meant to fit the parking sensors but didnt. Although I don't have them either. Id have gladly taken the 500 quid though for that loss.