Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drl For Ford C-Max (2007-2010)

Ramas

Hi for all, please recommend high quality DRL for my C-MAX. I can't find any solution for C-MAX. For example this is seat leon and VW golf drl:

modsi01fx-300x300.jpgmodv09f-300x300.jpg

There arent any integrated units I have seen. I previously bought a generic set and fit them.

Yeah I can second that. Not seen any for the c max. Again I have brought set and fitted them in the lower part of the grill.

Yeah I can second that. Not seen any for the c max. Again I have brought set and fitted them in the lower part of the grill.

supercmaxer can You upload Your car with drl photos here? Also others can add photos here with C-MAX DRL.

have a look at my signature and click "bus build thread" for my pictures

supercmaxer can You upload Your car with drl photos here? Also others can add photos here with C-MAX DRL.

post-43799-0-78494200-1410293920_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Recently put on new DRLs, removed the ones from above and put the new ones next to the fog lamps.

It looks so much better.

post-43799-0-30041100-1411245960_thumb.j

post-43799-0-88962900-1411245992_thumb.j

Very nice, did you have to modify the housing to take it?

I only had to drill a hole in to the plastic trim so that the wire isn't seen but they were a perfect fit, they are BRL400 ring Got them of eBay for 4 quid. :). I would have liked the indicator ones but I haven't seen any small ones.

Do these 'DRL's' actually serve a purpose?

Are there any reliable (I mean genuine, not imagined) stats that prove these things actually reduce accidents?

Or are they just for the posers?

Isn't it within a drivers' capability to actually switch their lights on when the light level is low?

Does Audi think it has the right to actually blind oncoming drivers with their over the top super bright LED thingys in broad daylight??

Why do I have to dip my interior mirror in brilliant sunshine when an Audi appears in it??

Aren't they a possible cause of accidents in daylight, that otherwise wouldn't have occurred?

Lots of questions eh? B) :D

There's also an ugly rumour going around that some cars actually turn their own lights on when the light level is low AND an even uglier rumour that some cars turn their windscreen wipers on when it thinks it's raining!

Jeez, what exactly do the drivers of these cars do now? Do they drive the car, or are they too busy posing with the latest (not so) smart phone?

Are they drinking a (non tax paying) Starbucks fancy coffee, or even something amazing like playing silly sods with the GPS as they can't understand a simple map?

Are they busy changing mp3 tracks, or, god forbid, playing around with one of them shiny Frisbee thingies, you remember, I think they was called a CD or something.

Oh no, I forgot, they are too busy trying to catch the reflection of their newly fitted DRLs in the rear view mirror of the unfortunate driver in front ( you know, the one who's actually DRIVING the car ).

• Like 1

Sounds like someone has had a bad experience with an Audi driver!!! Haven't we all at some point. It's usually the Audi or BMW driver that has the ulti bright DRL's that blinds us, sitting that close to our boots that you might want to invite the, in to our cars for a coffee!!! Yes I'm driving at the speed limit so you can just sit behind me flashing all you want, my auto dimmer mirror is working wonders as well as my black tinted window lol.

I personally feel that serve a purpose not just to the poser but for safety as well, they aren't there for when the light dims, as we know they are DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS not dim running lights!!!

The fact you said your dim dip your mirror when a Audi appears proves they are serving a purpose " to let the driver know they are there"

I personally don't like the Audi DRL's but I certainly know there is always a Audi tail gating when I look in my mirror.

Volvo I Beileve are the first ones to do this but use there side lights as a purpose.

DRLS are meant to be turned off by law when light dims and dipped lights are to be used therefore the DRL's are to be switch off, I'm more annoyed at the fact that some car makers have there DRL's still on when dipped lights are on, no there don't serve the purpose of fog lights!!!!

We are all entitled to our own opinions!!!

I very much believe they serve purpose look at stats from Sweden as they have had drl s for years and report high success

volvo saab had them for years before this new fad from brussles was introduced not afan of drl :angry:

paul

• Like 1

I'm no fan of them either!

Actually in Sweden the law is that headlights (that includes rear lights) must be on at all times (no mention of DRLs in their law), check out travel advice from foreign office on driving in Sweden.

It was only made a requirement because of the northern latitude of Scandinavia. (much longer periods of 'twilight')

I read a report that said in Norway (where DRLs are a legal requirement), rear end collisions have increased by 20% (no rear lights required!)

OK, so the EU has decided that all new vehicles will have these things fitted as standard but they do not have to be retro fitted on earlier vehicles. So why would you?? :wacko:

Obviously, the Scandinavian countries insist on vehicles being well lit specifically because their climatic conditions make it sensible to do so.

Most other countries would probably benefit (safety wise) from cars being driven with dipped headlights (including rear lights) - I fully accept this.

I don't accept that DRLs are needed, cars have always been equipped with suitable lights and a switch!

Driving round with DRLs on in brilliant sunshine does appear to be a bit dim!

• Like 1

We are all entitled to our own opinions I guess. What annoys me more is that people drive around with fog lights on and it's not even foggy!!!

I put them on becuase one I like them, two they are different and have not seen them on a mk1 c max and 3 I like to be seen. Yeah I could have my dipped lights on by why keep paying out for bulbs at £10'a bulb??

• Like 1

the old saying "see and be seen " come's to mind headlamps are far superior to be seen from a distance rather than drl's

paul

Yep, fully agree, that's what they are for!

Plus, them pesky red lights are on at the same time :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club