Photo
- - - - -

Who of you have bought your Mk7 with IVD brakes?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RGB

RGB

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Ford Model: hope... a Fiesta automatic

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:54 PM

I would like to know who of you have got the IVD option: You know, ESP -stability system-, TCS -traction control-, and EBA -emergency braking aid-. In my opinion all this should be standard in such a modern car.

And, by the way, can you tell me about the brakes sensitivity, I mean the pressure in the brake pedal required to stop the car. Can you compare it to other cars that you know?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 kremmen

kremmen

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Puma

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:19 PM

I would like to know who of you have got the IVD option: You know, ESP -stability system-, TCS -traction control-, and EBA -emergency braking aid-. In my opinion all this should be standard in such a modern car.

And, by the way, can you tell me about the brakes sensitivity, I mean the pressure in the brake pedal required to stop the car. Can you compare it to other cars that you know?

I have the esp etc on my Zetec S and usually never notice it. Last week after some fresh resurfacing ( read spray on some tarmac and cover with loose chips) locally I went round a slow adverse camber over some loose chips and the braking felt odd but was fine. I have noticed that going along grooves worn by lorries can make the steering "pull" but again no problems. Tonight I had need to brake very quickly and it just DID.

I would say that the brakes feel good and " progressive" .They feel about the same in normal use as my previous car ( Rover 75..don't laugh) but much less sharp than my daughters Fiat Grande Punto ( just a tap on her brakes and it HALTS ).

Paul

#3 mitch84

mitch84

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Name: steve
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium mk2.5
  • Year: 2010

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:17 PM

i just have the zetec so i have'nt got esp , i do like the breaks , there responsive so you dont need to slam on the breaks under normal breaking , just a slight tap

#4 Focus_ST-3

Focus_ST-3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk2
Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:20 PM

I also have esp etc and I find the brakes are perfect. They are more powerful and have more "bite" than my previous mk3 mondeo.

#5 hedgepig

hedgepig

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:40 PM

I also have esp etc and I find the brakes are perfect. They are more powerful and have more "bite" than my previous mk3 mondeo.

I agree as I have ESP etc too and the brakes are very good indeed.

They are well balanced and have just the right amount of bite.

A light foot on the pedal is all that's required............

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users