Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car Ordered, Goodbye Focus... Hello New Mk3.5 Focus!

alexp999

The car is great and I am loving it. :D

My ST2 red has just gone into build estimated delivery mid March ! Can't wait ! Did you upgrade to NAV or Sony? Do you get the sub in the spare wheel ?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I upgraded to the nav/rear view camera but no sub. :P

I took the plunge and put a deposit down for a new Focus ST3. Let's hope I don't have to wait too long!! :)

• Like 1

For the sub I think you need the Sony head unit. (Premium upgrade)

Orders should be 6-8 weeks. Nice ST 3has alot of kit!

• Like 1

I wouldn't be jel of ST's!

Only a 4wd RS coming soon !

Now that's going to be epic! Time to remortgage the house ! Lol

• Like 1

I wouldn't be jel of ST's!

Only a 4wd RS coming soon !

Now that's going to be epic! Time to remortgage the house ! Lol

When I first heard about the RS I got so damn excited I couldn't sleep that night already saving up lol

• Like 1

Did say to my mrs earlier about when the time comes to get rid of our Mk3 and 3.5 and treating ourselves to an RS

• Like 1

Was too excited about the ST to be able to wait for the RS. Maybe I'll check out the RS if my mid life crisis gets any worse! haha

• Like 1

I think the ST looks better than the RS anyway. Good choice!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who has the 1.5 ecoboost now, or maybe it happens on the 1.6 too, I don't suppose you have noticed a strange rattle when you are stationary or going slow as the revs come back down?

Mine does it for a few seconds on idle when first started and cold, but always when you rev the engine, as the speedo drops back down I get quite a distinct rattle. Almost where you would expect to hear the boost pressure being released, I instead get a really loose fluttering rattle.
I can't hear it in the car though, only when outside or with the windows down at low speed or stationary.
Mine is going in for its courtesy check next Monday, so I will ask them then, just wondered if anyone else has the same, or an idea what it might be...?

I've got a 1.6 ecoboost 150. I don't recognise the rattle sound you describe but I understand a lot of direct injection petrols can sound sewing machine esque from the outside at idle (mine does a bit) which is normal.

Yeah mine sounds like that at idle.

This is like an extra rattle only as revs come back down though.

Stupid thing is, when I got back from work, I could hardly hear it, even with the bonnet up.

Even if it is not a problem, I'd just like to know what it is.

Yeah that's fair. As its new I'd get it into the dealer so it's logged and investigated, even if it turns out to be normal.

Hmm I ordered my 3.5 last week. it comes middle of next week apparently... I am sooo excited. I have a mk2 at the moment but this is the mutts nuts haha!

Deep Impact Blue Metallic, Zetec with the 1.0L 125 ecoboost (engine of the year for the last three years) oh and Sync 2 :)

I rocked up to the test drive in a Toyota Auris that I was suckered in to test driving. The fella at the dealership felt so sorry for me he chucked in my pro pack and a full tank of fuel on delivery if I test drove the focus and signed up on my return. I did not need any convincing! might have to trade my Yaris in for a Fiesta ST in matching colours now!

• Like 2

Car went in for its courtesy check yesterday and to investigate this rattle. They couldn't find the source of the rattle at the time as it got quieter the more the engine warmed up, so had asked to arrange to leave it overnight at some point for them to try a cold start first thing.

Today on my way out to lunch I hear a twang from the car at a set of lights, suddenly the rattle is a whole lot louder, whatever it was has clearly now gone!

Left it up there with them, to look at this afternoon.

I hope it is nothing serious... :(

Oh dear, doesn't sound good, at least it should be more obvious to find now, whats the mpg like on the new 1.5 ecoboost?

Did you buy it from foray ford?

No, not from Foray.

Just had a call to say it needs to stay in overnight so they can check again from cold start first thing. Won't tell me what they think it is yet though...

Getting about 31mpg from it at the moment.

They've said it is going to require further investigation, but have said it is safe to keep driving, so I guess they at least know what it isn't.

Chief tech is going on holiday though, so earliest they can do is 17th March, as they need it all day to basically start pulling bits off to try and get to the source of the rattle. :unsure:

Hopefully nothing serious, but if it damages something else in the mean time, it will be up to them to put right, as they have said to keep driving, lol.

The good news is that while they had it, I asked them to hook it up to IDS and have a play with the config, and they have said they have got the ambient lighting switched on for the illuminated sill plates I want to fit :D

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out it is the exhaust flexipipe making the noise.

Only problem (for Ford), is that it is part of the cat assembly, so they are having to order a complete new cat!

That's a bit gash on a brand new car, unless you've done 150,000 miles since you bought it but I doubt that. :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club