Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Car Shocker

Sheriff

Well I picked up my new car last week. No, it's not a ford but I'm happy with it. I test drove the majority of hot hatches and it came down to this and the Fiesta ST. This just felt a bit firmer and raw than the ST, and it takes off like a scalded cat. Yes the Fez has great things going for it, but this takes me back to basics and really does feel raw.

Managed a cracking deal through partners scheme also and got a massive discount.

Anyway......enjoy (or hate)

th_20140909_175001_zpsfsfaqbe_edit_14103

th_Screenshot_2014-09-09-17-52-11_zpsipw

th_20140909_175035_zpsqpnzk3x_edit_14103

Yes I know I'll be the new anti-Christ...

• Like 1

Are you sure your car isn't the Fiesta behind it? Anyway, looks ok, I don't like Corsas or white but as long as you like it! :)

I don't mind Vauxhalls, but the Corsa is a bit dated and common now, the new one is much better!

I'm not sold on the new corsa yet. This is the clubsport model so comes with bilstein shocks/dampers, lsd and stainless Remus.

I'm not waiting for the new vxr that's years away.

It's very important to own the car that suits your need

Ballsy move...posting a pic of your new car on here despite the fact it's one of the most despised on the forum lol

• Like 2

I was waiting for the "HA Suckeerrrrssss" and sadly it doesnt appear to be coming! :p

Must admit, I am disappointed that it has a more firm feeling than the Fez ST though, that is a shame!

I think the only thing that is your saving grace is that it is a VXR, at least it wasnt just the base model! :P

VXR Corsa is a good car, don't like it.. but still, Congrats!

If it was a 1.2 Limited Edition (how can this still be limited edition????????????????) then this would be a different post indeed.

The thing is Martin you drove both and you spent your money on what you preferred and that's the main thing. Anyone who buys a car based only on getting brownie points from a car forum has not made the right choice. And you had the ba11s to come on here and tell us. Good luck to you :)

• Like 2

The thing is Martin you drove both and you spent your money on what you preferred and that's the main thing. Anyone who buys a car based only on getting brownie points from a car forum has not made the right choice. And you had the ba11s to come on here and tell us. Good luck to you :)

Just in case you missed it mate, all the vauxhall hate is just banter :D

Just in case you missed it mate, all the vauxhall hate is just banter :D

Nah, I just hate them! 8)

• Like 2

I genuinely have a dislike for corsa drivers most of all

I have more hatred towards vauxhalls driven by idiots, to be fair sheriff is exempt I somehow doubt he will be driving it like a pratt.

I was waiting for the "HA Suckeerrrrssss" and sadly it doesnt appear to be coming! :p

Must admit, I am disappointed that it has a more firm feeling than the Fez ST though, that is a shame!

I think the only thing that is your saving grace is that it is a VXR, at least it wasnt just the base model! :P

It is deffo firmer than the Fiesta. The suspension on the Clubsport/Nurburg edition are Bilstein units with inverted dampers, with are 20f/15r mm lower than standard vxr. It also has a mechanical LSD which makes a huge difference to handling. Where the Fiesta wants to push wide the Corsa grips and tightens it's line. It is truly amazing how much grip it actually has on offer. The Remus system doesn't sound special, just looks nice. But as a package it's great. The Fiesta has a better interior for sure but I like the Recaros in the Corsa better also. It's just my personal preference on the way it drives, just a shame VX don't have an approved tuning package, but 205ps is fine by me anyway for the road.

Thanks mate.

• Like 1

It's shame to see you head to the dark side but hopefully the next gen fez can bring you home :-P

It is deffo firmer than the Fiesta. The suspension on the Clubsport/Nurburg edition are Bilstein units with inverted dampers, with are 20f/15r mm lower than standard vxr. It also has a mechanical LSD which makes a huge difference to handling. Where the Fiesta wants to push wide the Corsa grips and tightens it's line. It is truly amazing how much grip it actually has on offer. The Remus system doesn't sound special, just looks nice. But as a package it's great. The Fiesta has a better interior for sure but I like the Recaros in the Corsa better also. It's just my personal preference on the way it drives, just a shame VX don't have an approved tuning package, but 205ps is fine by me anyway for the road.

Thanks mate.

I agree to the nurbergring edition is a whole different beast. I once considered the nurbergring edition. It's like no other and I have only ever seen one once and that was a car show

I have more hatred towards vauxhalls driven by idiots, to be fair sheriff is exempt I somehow doubt he will be driving it like a pratt.

Once he sits in it he is instantly transformed into one :lol: just kidding

it looks ok from the back, but the front is ug-leee!

I hate them because they are built down to a price, not up to a standard, ( i know the newer ones have got better, but all the interior trim falls off/ does not have the quality of an ST or the ride/ handling balance)

And the sort of people that drive them (round here anyway) - there are a lot of chavs with loud ones that are so low they are scrapeing the ground, that make a lot of noise and think they are fast (eg cornering at 2mph then redlining it up the straights)- i love overtaking them - i know they are not all like that but the image is there to stay

Vauxhall build all their dashes in one piece and then fit to the car but unlike other companies they don't leave enough slack to remove and refit any parts.

Our latest patrol cars (Astra's) have electrical problems after just one year.

The clutches are also built from cardboard.

I had to drive an Astra (sob!) for a week and burnt the clutch out in 5 days.

Mmm! burnt fish smell. :p

The Astra response cars are the best we ever had. We have Hyundai at the moment and they are ridiculous. The Astra's we had weren't the current shape. They lasted and we're bulletproof on the 1.7 derv engine.

We now have a few focus estates as irv's. They are OK. At best.

We're finding the Astras are incurring about 25% more maintenance instances than the outgoing Focus.

Must be luck of the draw.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club