Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune Pack Insurance Question

Focus_ST-3

Hi, I am thinking of getting the Mountune Pack fitted but I am unsure on how it will affect my insurance.

How (if at all) does the Mountune Pack affect insurance for the Fiesta and how is it described to the insurance companies when getting a quote?

Also, I read somewhere that if you have "Greenline" insurance, the pack will not affect your insurance. Does anybody know what "Greenline" insurance is?

Thanks

Greenlight do not charge any extra for the mountune upgrade, however my quote from Greenlight was more expensive to start with. What sort of no claims bonus do you have and without sounding rude, what is your age? for me I had 5 months remaining on my policy, I am 40 and have 23yrs no claims bonus, it put my insurance up by just over £50 for the rest of the year.

However, next month the 140bhp Fiesta (mountune) will be available on all insurance computer systems, this will make it easier when doing a cost comparison online.

Hope this helps you make your decision.

x

Greenlight do not charge any extra for the mountune upgrade, however my quote from Greenlight was more expensive to start with. What sort of no claims bonus do you have and without sounding rude, what is your age? for me I had 5 months remaining on my policy, I am 40 and have 23yrs no claims bonus, it put my insurance up by just over £50 for the rest of the year.

However, next month the 140bhp Fiesta (mountune) will be available on all insurance computer systems, this will make it easier when doing a cost comparison online.

Hope this helps you make your decision.

x

I am 20 with no no claims bonus so the insurance quotes have been quite high. I may just settle for an induction kit.

Out of interest how high was your quote? tbh the amount of problems me and Rob are having with our upgrade I would hold off for a while till its all sorted out, we have paid a lot of money for something we cannot enjoy!!

hello

i was gona ask about this moutune pack aswell. is it something that can be added on later or does it have to be ordered with the car?

Me and Rob (RSM123) had ours done after we got our cars, we both are in Essex though and had ours done at Mountune, you will need to find our which is your nearest Ford dealership which can carry it out for you as not all dealerships have signed up for the kits to be made available to them.

Out of interest how high was your quote? tbh the amount of problems me and Rob are having with our upgrade I would hold off for a while till its all sorted out, we have paid a lot of money for something we cannot enjoy!!

This is the reason why i havent gone and had mine done yet. Once the problem goes then i will go straight down! :P

I know we got a good deal ie no VAT or labour charge and free appearance pack - but wish I had waitied a while for all the niggling problems to have been sorted, hope they can sort it this week from Robs findings having their ECU and logger fitted to his car as its really dragging on a bit now - approaching 3 months since I had the upgrade and car getting progressivly worse as the temperature changes.

When I've modded cars previously (and some were very modded) all the brokers I spoke to advised I could get up to 10% power increase over standard without affecting the premium. My 190bhp Celica was modded increasing the bhp by 18 so I was ok but I got shafted on the tints and graphics. :blink:

When I've modded cars previously (and some were very modded) all the brokers I spoke to advised I could get up to 10% power increase over standard without affecting the premium. My 190bhp Celica was modded increasing the bhp by 18 so I was ok but I got shafted on the tints and graphics. :blink:

Nowadays they aren't many insurance companies who will allow you to mod your car in any way without charging you extra some way or other. :(

The lowest quote was £2500. As soon as you add any modifications, the insurance prices go through the roof for young drivers.

I also want the Eibach springs and 18" alloys but I cannot justify the extra insurance which I will pay for these.

I experienced this problem with my last car so that is why, for my Fiesta, I ordered all of the sports kit as optional extras as for some reason they dont affect insurance :huh:

That does not sound good about the Mountune Kit considering how much it costs. I noticed that Pumaspeed are developing a similar kit but this will invalidate the Ford warranty. If only there was a new Fiesta ST!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club