Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Private Number Plate?

fordbri

convert paul, convert. join us, join the people who want to show off that they like to waste money on bits of plastic...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael P

• paulworthing

• Loyal Royal

• hedgepig

convert paul, convert. join us, join the people who want to show off that they like to waste money on bits of plastic...

You brought yours then??

And it is not a waste - just another way of making your car stand out in a crowd

no, im one of those who wants one!

i know they're not a waste of money, many others believe that though!

i need to come into some good money, i get paid on friday so i could buy it then, but that would leave me with £4.87 to last me four weeks.

i might accidently steal lots and lots of money...

Plates arrived today, just waiting for Paperwork, so come on DVLA !

impuobsbb.jpg

But what does it all mean, Basil?

The paperwork for my plates took about a week to process. Wasn;t happy since t was holding up delivery! :angry:

But what does it all mean, Basil?

The paperwork for my plates took about a week to process. Wasn;t happy since t was holding up delivery! :angry:

DG are my Initials, 02 is because it is my second car ( i have a company van as well ) and because i couldnt get 01, RDG is because i am a huge Reading FC fan and it is my home town.

you could of had R2 DGX

you could of had R2 DGX

there were a few, but everything in this one has a meaning, the X wouldnt have been relevant really, and the bonus was this one cost £245 all inclusive.

Looking myself at "F2 GJS" ... GJS being the initials although also tempted by "F3 GJS" to sort of look better :S :lol:

Looking myself at "F2 GJS" ... GJS being the initials although also tempted by "F3 GJS" to sort of look better :S :lol:

i know what you mean with looking at what looks better!

my MPX has alot of selections and i could have R2 MPX but i think R8 MPX looks better!

i know what you mean with looking at what looks better!

my MPX has alot of selections and i could have R2 MPX but i think R8 MPX looks better!

R8 looks alot better, dont no why though :lol:

Out of interest, what site does everyone use?

Ive been looking at newreg.com as u can type in a word and it will relate to it whereas on DVLA i think, you have to no what you want already?

ive been using this

http://www.carreg.co.uk/number_plates/grid

type in the last three letters of your desired numberplate and then it gives you all the selections you can have!!

then i found the one i like and then illl get it off the DVLA website as its alot cheaper!

ive been using this

http://www.carreg.co.uk/number_plates/grid

type in the last three letters of your desired numberplate and then it gives you all the selections you can have!!

then i found the one i like and then illl get it off the DVLA website as its alot cheaper!

DVLA site is better, no hidden costs, but as Michael says it is a bit trickier to find your options.

DVLA site is better, no hidden costs, but as Michael says it is a bit trickier to find your options.

yep. i only use the site that i linked to look at the plates, when i come to buy one i'll definately use the DVLA website

you end up saving about £40 for a £245 plate and the other websites tend to say "ONLY £170" when infact after the transfer fee and the VAT its more like £280

Does the DVLA site include the transfer fee then?

Does the DVLA site include the transfer fee then?

indeedy it does

Anyone know how far you can go with altering a plate before the police kick off (i.e. 6 look like a G or S10 WPO to S10W PO)

Anyone know how far you can go with altering a plate before the police kick off (i.e. 6 look like a G or S10 WPO to S10W PO)

there isn't a lee-way unfortunately

my mates dad has M90 OCH on his TT and had it spaced M 90OCH and got stopped by the police

they said they were going to fine him but he's heard nothing yet

i think that if they see you they'll pull you :(

i'd really like R6 OMP and then space it as R6O MP

if its your first time being stopped you will probably get a prohibition notice meaning you will get 14 days to get the plates put right with the correct font letters and spacing,then you will have to take the paperwork to the police to show you have had the work done.

the reason is, that odd spacing and odd fonts dont show up on A.N.P.R and you will get stopped a lot. if you already have had a prohibition notice on the car due to "custom" plates and that includes putting black/yellow bolts between letters/numbers to make them look like something else you will get a ticket........£60 i think........ could be more

how about K1CHN :P

Come on Kristal, be fair--I thought you were on my side! ;)

Come on Kristal, be fair--I thought you were on my side! ;)

Sorry John......just couldn't resist it ;)

Sorry John......just couldn't resist it ;)

I forgive you.........but don't make a habit of it! ;) ;)

On another forum just had a suggestion to call my car Pea (Pea Green or Green Pea) so that could be an option for a plate

P60 PEA

On another forum just had a suggestion to call my car Pea (Pea Green or Green Pea) so that could be an option for a plate

P60 PEA

I like that - even if it is an HMRC form!

Is the 60 significant? P333 PEA is available and trips off the tongue a bit better...

EDIT: I read back and I see it is significant - sort of.

Plates arrived today, just waiting for Paperwork, so come on DVLA !

impuobsbb.jpg

Just as an aside (I'm sure you know this, so excuse me) but are your plates completely plain other than the numbers themselves? If so - they're not legal.