Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Private Number Plate?

fordbri

Just as an aside (I'm sure you know this, so excuse me) but are your plates completely plain other than the numbers themselves? If so - they're not legal.

They have a thin black border and a bit that says " LG BSAU 145d"

The pic i posted is just a mock up.

Incidently, i bought the Reg online on Sunday and the Paperwork arrived today, well done DVLA

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael P

• paulworthing

• Loyal Royal

• hedgepig

They have a thin black border and a bit that says " LG BSAU 145d"

The pic i posted is just a mock up.

Incidently, i bought the Reg online on Sunday and the Paperwork arrived today, well done DVLA

Aren't they supposed to have the contact details (web address or similar) for where you got them from as well as the BSAU mark?

Where did you get them from out of interest? I have a feeling I'm not going to like the dealer fitted plates!

Aren't they supposed to have the contact details (web address or similar) for where you got them from as well as the BSAU mark?

Where did you get them from out of interest? I have a feeling I'm not going to like the dealer fitted plates!

Dont know about that, that BSAU mark is the legal thing i believe.

Got them from www.no1showplates.co.uk and the options i chose were the UK Legal Standard ones.

WHen did they bring this in then as my borther had a plate, not a personal one, and had it re-made with DANGEROUS on the bottom as that was his nick name at work (well that and Capt Crayon!)

WHen did they bring this in then as my borther had a plate, not a personal one, and had it re-made with DANGEROUS on the bottom as that was his nick name at work (well that and Capt Crayon!)

All number plates should have the dealers name (where they were made) and postcode at the bottom of the plate.if not they are illegal

and as from 1st september last year 2008 all cars registered from then on cannot have any form of logo or name on the bottom of the plate,unless you buy the new type of stepped plate ,which has a lip along the bottom for logo/name..only the reg number,the EU blue badge,and now with new legislation your country flag instead of the blue EU badge and dealer details or who made the plate, can be in the perscribed area (details on DVLA web site)

i saw a car with MPX on the end of its plate yesterday and i have had a change of heart, it didn't really looks as good as i wanted it to!

ive gone back to the idea of getting something to do with my surname PARR

the choices for this is:

P2 RRX

P5 RRX

P14 RRX

if only spacing was legal!!

Air Hostess is spot on with the law, any other plate is illegal and companys should not be supplying them.no more showplates killed our trade by 70%. microchips in the plates which hold all the car details are the next thing the dvla are looking at.

photo062i.jpg

Ten minutes in my local DVLA office today and the deed is done. I will have to take my chances with the Plate.

looks good. this is encouraging me to spend money on one!!!

birthday money will cover it, roll on october!

looks good. this is encouraging me to spend money on one!!!

birthday money will cover it, roll on october!

Lucky lad getting that much for your birthday - I'll be lucky to get a couple of bottles of wine and some chocolates

Lucky lad getting that much for your birthday - I'll be lucky to get a couple of bottles of wine and some chocolates

oh sheet no i won't get that much!! i wont get half that!

it will go towards it :)