Do Not Sell My Personal Information

****does Anyone Know This Part Number For Broken 2008 Focus Clip, Bonnet Lock****

Mook

Hey Guys

Car - Ford Focus CL 2008

I literally just need a plastic clip that fits the bonnet lock mechanism (the part the arrow points to the picture attached to this post). I don't want the entire pack which is $150 here in Australia.

My parents live in the UK so I can organise postage if the part is located in Britain.

For something that should be a few quid I don't want to pay through the nose for it.

I have read the how to guide to fix the bonnet lock problem which helped me open the bonnet and by doing so I broken the clip with the prongs that the ball sits in which turns the lock.

To clarify the arm part that attaches to the cylinder behind the ford badge is fine, its the clip that comes from the engine side which has snapped

Any help much appreciated

post-58215-0-70112500-1410500739_thumb.j

I"ll check my Microcat for you later on.

You may find a lock set on eBay though for cheaper than a main Dealer.

i think it might do actually, I lost the broken clip I had so I can't be sure 100%. If that kit matches my car model then it must be right. The item says up to 2007 and mine is 2008 but it looks pretty similar. Do you know if there is anyway to check?

They have a slightly different name over here as I couldn't find my model on the list when joining this site.

Thanks for your help

Tbh it looks exactly like your part (other than the colour).

Much better than $150 though :)

• 4 weeks later...

OK so the parts arrived and I got the clip out that I thought I needed.

I have these sections which should go together but I feel like something is missing becuase I can't work out how this attaches to the lock (located in picture) The cross section on the lock is what turns but I can't see anything that I have that fits into this cross section and then to the clip which joins the bonnet borrel through the plastic tube thing with the balls on the end.

Can anyone help?

post-58215-0-79498600-1413071974_thumb.j

Does the end of the black piece not clip into the socket on the lock?

not that I see, i feel like i'm on the Krypton Factor or Crystal Maze and losing!

This is the back of the clip (white part placed next to the bonnect catch) - Is something missing?

post-58215-0-59699300-1413076835_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club