Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Key To Flip Key

Damon Cook

Hi ive seen a conversion kit on eBay that you take the circuit board from the normal key and change it to a flip key as ive only got the one key with the lock buttons im a little nervous to try it has anyone else done this

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yes tried this on my mk2 couldnt get it to work. I have a thread on here to do with flip key reprogramming which you might find useful as it says how I got my key sorted in the end with links.

Awesome thanks thought it would be an easy process of just transplanting the guts of the 1 key to the next but suppose i was being to hopeful

On an unrelated subject you dont no how to edit your profile on here do you all i can seem to change is the picture and email address

Yeah I thought the same. Not sure if what I did in the end would work on a mk1 but im well chuffed I now got a working flip key.

Damon not to sure how to do that. Have you tried going onto the net and using the full site as you might be able to do more on there.

You could try going to browse then general chat then to general form request and someone in there might have an idea.

Click on your avatar on any of your posts to go to your profile and the edit tab will show up.

I bought this one from eBay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221386570908?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Swapped over the internals and then cut out the transponder, glued it into the new key and that's all there is to it.

That thing sticking out at the bottom of the key is the transponder (a bit of a bugger to get out, had to cut it out).

car%20diagnostic_clip_image030_0002.jpg

Lee.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club