Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With Changing Bulbs

Phil 87

I'm trying to change my bulbs today, so here's my first question, do both headlight units need to come off, and in the photo below does the part highlighted in red need to come off?

post-39031-0-66548800-1410595209_thumb.j

And the little plastic scews / clips, what's the easiest way to get those off? I find I have to pull them up a bit before the screw will come out.

And I see the headlight units can be repositined slightly when they go back on, what did you guys do about that? I've marked where they are now so I think if I get them in the same position when they go back on that will be ok.

You can do the drivers side without removing the headlight but it's a little bit tight, passenger side needs to come out though as the fusebox is in the way.

Remove two torx screws at the front and back of the light, their is a Phillips head screw near the front torx screw, this is a clip so needs either unscrewing or prising up, then a sharp pull is needed to release the clip underneath the light unit, then wriggle the light to get it out of the bay.

Some pics in this guide

http://www.mountune.com/downloads/Fiesta_ST_IC_install_rev1.0.pdf

Thanks for that, we managed to get it done :)

Noticed that plastic thing I highlighted was actually part of the bumper lol, so we unscrewed it and just moved it forward a bit to get the headlights in and out.

Here's some pics:

post-39031-0-14977900-1410604684_thumb.j

post-39031-0-92660700-1410604700_thumb.j

I should get some photos at night, but the dipped beams seem to match the DRLs better (they are Osram Cool Blue 4200k). And the detango worked quite nicely :)

I might try and do the indicators on the rear lights and wingmirrors at some point. And maybe fog lights too but apparently you have to take the bumper off, is that difficult? I think I had it half off just to get the headlights out lol.

Rears are easy phil. I've just done mirrors this morning and to be fair they are pigs. I reckon fogs could be done with the headlight out.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I've seen someone post on here before (I believe in the bulbs thread) that you can turn the wheel and remove the wheel arch slightly which allows the fog lights to be changed? Worth a look/try

I just had a go at getting the wing mirror caps off but couldn't do it, tried to push the tabs up and back while pulling on the cap from the outside but it won't budge, and I'm just worried I'll break it lol.

How do you get the mirror part off? That would make things easier.

No need to take the mirror itself off. What I did was move the mirror so I could slide a flat blade screwdriver in and prise the clip nearest to the window slightly down, shine a torch into the gap so you can see the clip, its the same colour as the cap. You then need to squeeze the bottom edge of the mirror cover and the black trim under it really hard until you hear it click. The cover will then look like its slightly off at the top its then just brute force to pull it back and up. Goes with an almighty crack and will scare the s**t out of you and will probably fly off onto the floor so put a cover down just in case. When you are replacing it slide it in so it is level and in line at the bottom, hook the inner clip in and push hard and it will click into place.

I'd been putting this off for ages cause I thought it would be really hard but once I knew about the screw driver bit it was a lot easier. Thy're all done now and hopefully never have to touch them again.

• Like 1

No need to take the mirror itself off. What I did was move the mirror so I could slide a flat blade screwdriver in and prise the clip nearest to the window slightly down, shine a torch into the gap so you can see the clip, its the same colour as the cap. You then need to squeeze the bottom edge of the mirror cover and the black trim under it really hard until you hear it click. The cover will then look like its slightly off at the top its then just brute force to pull it back and up. Goes with an almighty crack and will scare the s**t out of you and will probably fly off onto the floor so put a cover down just in case. When you are replacing it slide it in so it is level and in line at the bottom, hook the inner clip in and push hard and it will click into place.

I'd been putting this off for ages cause I thought it would be really hard but once I knew about the screw driver bit it was a lot easier. Thy're all done now and hopefully never have to touch them again.

Wish I had read this before lol.

I literally just pulled squeezed and tugged till I got the horrible snap then panicked lol the more it wouldn't come off the more ruff I got :) and did it at night.

I found the rears harder but only cause of my stupidity. I thought there were only two visible torx screws so I was pulling for ages thinking there maybe a clip like fronts a good 20 mins went past of doing this Only to pop on google n get directed to phi1f saying about the screw/bolt thing behind the carpet

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club