Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Trim Colour.....

blazeman

Hey.

I have a mk2.5 black zetec focus. Anyway I have covered the centre trim with black carbon fibre wrap. I like it... Just not as much as I thought I would. Has anyone tried any other colours? I was thinking of getting some white or grey wrap and trying that before I go and spray a permanent colour on her. Reason being it had a lot of scratches/marks around the gear gaiter and cup holders. Looks crappy. any other ideas would be welcome

Cheers

Dave

High gloss black would look very sharp.

I swapped my plastics for the standard RS carbon fibre trims but they are rare on eBay and very expensive from Ford.

If I hadn't found my RS trims I would have definitely gone for black.

I'm trying blue out at the mo. post-40686-141079901638_thumb.jpg

Got some air vents done too. Not sure how I feel though haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Yea I know. I think the carbon black looks OK but it's not perfect and looks a little common and cheap. Hence why I'm planning on painting it. But for the price of the wrap on eBay I thought it may be an idea to try a couple of colours before spraying. Just to make sure. Only going to wrap the stereo surround to make up my mind. But gloss black was what I was thinking.....

Warren.

They look ace. Better than I thought blue would. But my theme is red. ( ignition barrel, footwell, courtesy lights etc) and I think red would be a bit much for the whole trim.

Yours is looking good though...

Cheers Dave,

I dont know how i feel about it at the mo as half the car is black carbon wrap and half blue haha.

I have had black wrap for the past 2 years and its becoming a bit depressing and i want to liven things up :P

Im going to try and crack on with the centre console at some point but with a 3 week old around i dont get much free time after work haha :blink:

• Like 1

My interior theme is blue, blue LED in interior lights, blue LED strips, blue footwells, blue carbon fibre steering wheel gel overlay, blue AC control knobs, blue trim on floor mats, blue illuminated door sills, blue ignition ring and blue centre console. :D

20140713_194138_zps67254d98.jpg

20140713_225515_zpsda822adc.jpg

20140713_224627_zpsd92ece14.jpg

• Like 1

YES!! :wub:

The center console acctually looks really good!

Ive gone all blue too haha.

I'm yet to wire up rear footwells but got front and boot done.

Are those strips always on when driveing or when doors open?

• Like 1

Yeah once you go blue, you can't stop lol.

The strips are wired into the interior lighting, so only on when the doors are open.

Very true!

Thats alright then i have the cup holder lights wired to come on when the headlights are on and it becomes a pain somethimes Due to glare

post-40686-0-85414900-1410862953_thumb.j

post-40686-0-45855700-1410862959_thumb.j

• Like 1

Ben that blue is ace. Very in your face but I love it. Might try and find some dark red and have a go with that too. Was looking at black white and gunmetal grey.

Warren those lights are ace mate. Iv seen the guide to fit them but iv never ever done anything electrical in my life. Want to have a go though. Were they hard to fit...

Anyways I'm leaning towards the gloss black or dark grey spray paint to sort out the dash. I can't seem to get the vinyl wrap to sit properly around the corner near the gear stick and around that side next to the cup holders... Any tips on wrapping would be good too.

Cheers guys

Dave

The guide was really useful! the only thing i had trouble with was finding the correct live so that when the headlights/cluster lights came on so did these.

Think i tried most of them before i found the right one haha.

I want to spray mine too but ideally blue but cannot find a decnt light blue. Mate of mine sprayed his Fiesta Interior Orange and it looks ace!

I had trouble in the same place wrapping and tbh mine is a bit shoddy in those areas :ph34r:

Same. My black wrap is shoddy and that's why I want to sort it. Just getting the time. Ordered some other wrap today so will keep you posted on how they look. Will have a go with some more leds. Want to get some like lights and more interior lights.

Does it matter how many times you splice into one loom... Like the ignition barrel light? Apparently that's the easiest one to get at.

To make the corners fit i make cuts all round the edges then start heating and folding that way youre doing it in stages and can get the right fit so lay the wrap on the part cut an inch proud all the way round then make individual cuts all the way round the corners

To make the corners fit i make cuts all round the edges then start heating and folding that way youre doing it in stages and can get the right fit so lay the wrap on the part cut an inch proud all the way round then make individual cuts all the way round the corners

Sweet. That sounds easy. God knows why I didn't think of that. Cheers Arthur. That part of the wrap. Has been annoying me for weeks. Not long now till I paint her though....

Same. My black wrap is shoddy and that's why I want to sort it. Just getting the time. Ordered some other wrap today so will keep you posted on how they look. Will have a go with some more leds. Want to get some like lights and more interior lights.

Does it matter how many times you splice into one loom... Like the ignition barrel light? Apparently that's the easiest one to get at.

The hardest part to get around i found was the Cigarette lighter hole, I was using a stanley blade (just the blade) and just could not cut around it cleanly.

I have a 501 4 LED bulb in the footwell holder and i have spliced a 40 SMD pad the other side. I havent got the ignition barrel light as my roof/map light isnt the same as the guide so i wouldnt know where to start haha.

But I have had no problem as yet splicing of the same loom.

post-40686-0-39901900-1411028416_thumb.j

post-40686-0-00706000-1411028419_thumb.j

post-40686-0-67132600-1411028423_thumb.j

Warren that looks really bright. Where bouts did you get the smd pad from? To be honest I would need know where to start with splicing etc. And I know what you mean about the lighter hole... That was a pain.

I got the pads of eBay,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Warm-White-Blue-Red-Light-Panel-48-SMD-LED-T10-BA9S-Dome-Adapter-12V-/390727893083?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Lighting_Parts&var=660192286760&hash=item5af932805b

They are pretty good although i find the the stickiness on the drivers side goes after a while probs due to heat of me being near it lol.

With Splicing I just found the wire i wanted and carefully peeled off the outer part with a stanley blade (Just the Blade) and wrapped another wire around this, taped up with electrical tape and the to the pad.

Started centre console yesterday.

post-40686-0-36667400-1411376842_thumb.j

• Like 1

That's great fella. Just ordered two red ones. If there any good I'll get some more. And as far as splicing goes I'll give it a shot. Can't really get it wrong.... The dash is nice and neat. Much neater than my shoddy attempt. Hence the idea of spraying. Just can't decide which colour......

The lights are really good, really bright so looks good now its getting darker sooner.

Took me bloomin ages to wrap it and put it in place without the sides peeling off, there are a few places on it im not overly happy with but much better then the first try haha :P

Wireing it all up is pretty straight foreward just make sure not to cross the wires bare or youll blow the fuse which i did a few times :ph34r:

• 3 months later...

Dave, did you decide on a colour in the end?

I have mine back to stock now as was'nt happy with the wrap.

In the summer i am going to spray it either: Gloss/Matt Silver/Black or blue or orange.

But so unsure :wacko:

My interior theme is blue, blue LED in interior lights, blue LED strips, blue footwells, blue carbon fibre steering wheel gel overlay, blue AC control knobs, blue trim on floor mats, blue illuminated door sills, blue ignition ring and blue centre console. :D

20140713_194138_zps67254d98.jpg

20140713_225515_zpsda822adc.jpg

20140713_224627_zpsd92ece14.jpg

i started doing my dash the same in blue but ended up thinking i dont like it.so went black.can you put up any better pics of the dash for me.also what lights did you use to go on the curved trim links please

Hi guys.

Sorry I haven't kept you updated about this. To be honest I forgot I even wrote this tread in the first place. Anyway I did manage to get the dash sprayed. An easy job in the end. I sprayed it panther black because I had to buy a can of spray to do my front toe eye cover. Figured it would look good. I sprayed the whole lot black except the surrounds of the gear stick and 12v socket. They went white but I don't like them white So im going to change them to red when I get a chance. Also managed to rip my gear stick gaiter and break the black plastic that holds it in place so currently without one. Looks crap but I'll get it sorted. Lol. Cheers for the reply Warren.

Oh and I'll get some pics up when I get chance tomorrow. Need to clean her first though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club