Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Change clutch on MK4 1.3endura

gardnerw

Hello All,

Does anyone have a pdf guide on changing a clutch on a 98 1.3 endura?

Much Appreciated

Will

Don't have a guide but it's a very straight forward job as far as clutches go. If you want me to give you a rough guide let me no and I'll type one up 4 you.

Don't have a guide but it's a very straight forward job as far as clutches go. If you want me to give you a rough guide let me no and I'll type one up 4 you.

That would be really good if you wouldn't mind, its the hydrolic as apposed to a cable but I'm guessing you know more than i do!

Much Appreciated!

Will

hi my fiesta 1.3 ohv year 2000 has to have its box out for a ringgear change can you please send me instuctions and can i do it on my driveway my e mail is robertgriffiths2008@live.co.uk

Get the front of the car up on axle stands and remove the front wheels.

Remove the big nut (30mm?) in the middle of the disk for the driveshaft and the pinch bolts clamping the wishbone to the underside of the hub. Put a punch in the middle of the drive shaft stud give it a few taps with a hammer to dislodge it from the inner of the hub.

Lever the wishbone down so that you can pull the hub towards you allowing you to remove the driveshaft. (Easier said than done)

Now remove the battery and the battery tray. Unplug the reverse light switch and remove the speedo cable.

Take the starter motor off. You can be cheeky and not remove the wires just the bolts holding it to the gearbox. Just remember where your earths go.

Under the car at the bottom of the gearbox there are two selector rods ones just a simple bolt, the other is a clamp. Its easy enough to remove but mark it first so that it will align back up when you put it back together.

Remove the rear mount aswell while your under there.

Remove all but two bolts holding the gearbox to the block. Have the last two finger tight.

You will need something to support the engine before you remove the mount that was under the battery tray. An engine brace is ideal but if you don't have one get some strong rope and support it from a engine hoist or similar.

Now remove the mount and the last two bolts and the gearbox should be free! ;)

PLEASE REMEMBER I AM DOING THIS FROM MEMORY AND SOME STEPS MAY BE MISSING!!!!

Please use your common sense and if your stuck write back here and I will do my best to help

• Like 1