Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got Reversed Into In A Car Park =(

Minkibiz

While on holiday with my girlfriend in Cornwall a lovely gentleman decided it would be nice to reverse into my car in a car park.... GREAT! Swapped details and everything and the car went off to be repaired on Thursday 11th september.

Initial damage, as you can see the numberplate was not hit at all!

post-53116-0-90272300-1410909169_thumb.j

Happy that they replaced my front bumper and grill on my Fiesta Zetec S. Went to pick the car up and disaster! Not only did they put a new numberplate on (when it wasn't needed at all!) but they threw away my custom made numberplate that was undamaged from the accident in the first place with a really crap numberplate!!!! and then to rub the salt in they decided that the OEM screw holes are just there for show and have screwed into the plastic grill either side of the numberplate, so now I have 2 lovely holes where they shouldn't be... and cant even hide them when I order the replacement numberplate.

post-53116-0-45398800-1410909170_thumb.j

post-53116-0-97750500-1410909170_thumb.j

post-53116-0-35919800-1410909171_thumb.j

So tomorrow I am going to get on the phone to them and demand a replacement grill and the money to get a numberplate that is the same as the one that they decided had a *crack* in it. which it didn't.

Who in there right mind thinks oh the OEM holes are too easy to do, I know lets put 2 screws in wonky and the customer will be happy with that....?!?!?!?!?!?!!

1 simple phone call would have been nice to ask if its okay to throw the custom plate away, or even replace it in the first place!

Has anyone else experienced idiots like this before?

Ouch.

I had a clio once upon a time. It was clipped side rear by a dumper truck. Anyway taken away to be fixed. Came back on a large trailer. Guy reverses off the trailer. Front bumper catches and practically gets ripped off front of car. Whole thing came out all the clips. Luckily it all pushed and snapped back into place. I complained but in one ear out the other.

wow! Cant believe they didn't even offer to repair what the driver damaged! I would have not accepted the car at that point and just sent it back. Just proves you cant trust them to do even the simplest of things!

I never managed to get through to them at all after calling every hour all day yesterday, but then called the insurance company and its funny how they don't answer the phone to me but do answer it when I call the insurance company and they call them when I'm on the phone to them.... got a response in 20 min of calling the insurance.

They are going to replace the grill but not the custom numberplate as they only do "legal" numberplates even though the law states 1cm between each letter and the border which is what the custom plate was.... but at least they are replacing the grill.

I just have to spend another 10 quid on a plate... not the end of the world but still annoying.

When I asked them why they fitted the plate like they did he just told me straight that its just easer to do it like that. Dread to think what other corners they have cut fixing my car. Thank god its a new bumper they put on and not a plastic welding job...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club