Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Google Maps/navigation

matt1981

Hi all

I was wondering if it's possible to have the sat nav directions from Google maps play through the cars Speakers?

I friend of mine has this feature in his BMW, via bluetooth I presume. Anyone tried it?

Apple maps on the iPhone does this when connected via bluetooth to the cars audio as it (Apple maps) supports HFP Prompts. Google maps, AFAIK doesn't....certainly not on the iPhone anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Sounds promising thanks guys I'll have a play around with it.

I suppose its asking too much to listen to music through the aux but have the bluetooth reading out directions at the same time?

You can play music via bluetooth and have your SatNav directions at the same time and if your lucky the music will pause while the SatNav gives directions.

You can't have the aux and bluetooth selected at the same time

I use Rocket Player to do this in my RS with the sony dab head unit https://play.google....therMusicPlayer It only works whilst streaming music from your phone though.

If you try it you may need to go into settings, audio, audio focus, temp focus action and make sure DUCK or Pause is enabled. If one doesn't work try the other.

Another app that works is shuttle music player https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=another.music.player

Excellent. Just tried this and works a treat with navfree on android. The voice through sound system sounds great too.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club