Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why I love the door lock button!

Nipz

I was sat in town today waiting for the better half, and this old couple walked straight up to my car and tried to open the door!! The old lady noticed it wasnt their car and shouted NOOOO... STOP! And then said sorry and they walked away and got in this crappy blue nissan. I was like 'please dont tell me my car looks like a crappy blue nissan'!

I was parked in a little bit of a silly place so thought he was gonna open the door and give me sh*t but was just being stupid :)

Thought i would share my experience and explain why i love the door lock button. O and for the person who complain that the doors should stay unlocked after the passenger has got out, this is why it stays locked :)

It could be worse, a guy I used to work with once pulled up outside the bank to pick his mother up and someone put their suit cases in his boot and wanted him to take them to the train station, he thought it was a taxi driver because he was Asain ;)

It could be worse, a guy I used to work with once pulled up outside the bank to pick his mother up and someone put their suit cases in his boot and wanted him to take them to the train station, he thought it was a taxi driver because he was Asain ;)

lol love it!

I love that button too, I always push it before any trips. My handbag is always on the passenger seat and you can never be too careful.

Its a cute button. One push lock the doors! Sorted! :lol:

never leave yer bag on the passenger seat!

heart the button also.

My previous car's doors locked automatically at 5mph and I have got used to the feelng of security. I know the arguments for and against locked doors and on balance prefer them locked. I use the Fiesta's door lock button as soon as I move off.

Always safer to have the doors locked, not just the other week i had some junkie try to open my door at traffic lights to ask for a cigarette :|

My previous car's doors locked automatically at 5mph and I have got used to the feelng of security. I know the arguments for and against locked doors and on balance prefer them locked. I use the Fiesta's door lock button as soon as I move off.

My current car (C2 VTR) automatically locks when you reach 7mph. I find it a great feature personally. As soon as you exceed that

speed and the doors lock - you do get a feeling of being locked in your own little world - 'my space' - as it were.

Anyone know if the Fiesta can be programmed to auto-lock at a certain speed?

Don't leave your handbag on the seat. If you can't be bothered to put it in the boot, stick it on the floor between the rear seat and back of front seat so it's out of sight. It's a lot quicker to smash a window than open a door and the former will leave the driver shocked for enough time to have the bag away.

I normally stick my bag behind the drivers seat, I must admit I miss the 5mph locking thing my merc used to have.

I leave my handbag in the boot :ph34r: B)

I dont see why it doesnt auto lock, just makes it safer for everyone.

Oops for me too, I usually have my handbag and my briefcase on the passenger seat.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club