Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hardwire TomTom?

Beermonster

I'm wanting my tomtom Go540 hardwired in to my car when it comes, is this something Halfords do? if not does anyone know where I could get it done (must be a national or somewhere in West Yorkshire) and does anyone know what sort of price I'm looking at?

I'm wanting my Tomtom Go540 hardwired in to my car when it comes, is this something Halfords do? if not does anyone know where I could get it done (must be a national or somewhere in West Yorkshire) and does anyone know what sort of price I'm looking at?

Can i be the first to ask why you want it hard wired in?

I want to just be able to plug it in to a holder without having to mess with cables, ideally I would like it integrated with the stereo

I want to just be able to plug it in to a holder without having to mess with cables, ideally I would like it integrated with the stereo

Fair enough.

I have no idea where to get that kinda of thing done. Best to Google it and see what it comes up with, or ask your dealer for ideas :)

The best people to chat to are mobile phone car Kit installers,they will be able to do what you want.

Its not an easy DIY type job as you will be drawing power from the radio,which is different voltage from the cig lighter,so you will need a power converter,or risk frying the tom tom.

dave

Might not be that difficult. My 510 has an Audio Out on the base that could be plugged in to the Audio In of the Fiesta and it also charges via USB so that would power it.

One problem might be that you would need to drive round with the stereo on AUX only listening to the tomtom directions and music loaded on to it.

Halfords will do it, they charge about £40 and they do take power from the cigarette lighter. You can do it yourself with the kit they use as the kit goes through the tills at about 30p therefore you pay pretty much for just the labour.

It will take an hour and a half on average for a competent employee to complete the job, however that depends on the car and the fitters level of skill/experience. Or you could try the people listed above, or car electronics as they are sometimes good.

You will have to get another power lead of course to replace the one hidden behind the dash, and some of the wire will always be on show. Just thought i should mention that too.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club