Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 1.8Tdci Egr Has Been Blanked Off!

chris_h

And so far it has been a wonderful improvement, acceleration is consistent without the splutter.

I do have one concern however.

My water temp is much lower after the mod, it barley gets past 60 on the gauge, even after a motorway drive!

can this cause problems?

Hi.id say this is a separate issue .

Power is nothing without control .

The water temp was running closer to 90 before blanking the EGR at the intercooler.

The water temp was running closer to 90 before blanking the EGR at the intercooler.

That's quite high, mine runs 60 - 70.

That's quite high, mine runs 60 - 70.

Thank, i am now less concerned.

I drive to work and back each day and is 4 miles each way. The temp needle doesn't even register when arriving at work and and at home on my return journey. Are these short journeys going to create problems?

And so far it has been a wonderful improvement, acceleration is consistent without the splutter.

I do have one concern however.

My water temp is much lower after the mod, it barley gets past 60 on the gauge, even after a motorway drive!

can this cause problems?

This could be caused by -

1 - A drop in the ambient temp (colder weather+ you are using the heater/ more)

2 - An increase in efficiency (with the solid EGR plate the engine may be more efficient, producing less heat for the same power/ you need to use less throttle for the same effect )

3 - on some engines, the EGR plate blocks the EGR cooler -

The EGR cooler cools the hot exhaust gases coming from the exhaust manifold before it gets to the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) valve - the cooler has a secondary function, as it heats the engine coolant directly from the exhaust - this can help the engine warm up quicker (the exhaust tends to warm up quicker than the engine (block)) and put a bit more heat into the engine - on a mondeo diesel the EGR cooler is located between the thermostat bypass and the cabin heater (so it helps heat the passesnger compartment before the (main) thermostat opens)

The Blanking plate could be re-located so the exhaust gases still heat up the EGR cooler (so the ehgine heats up as quickly as before/ taking #1 and #2 into account)

And you will still have the benifits of the EGR blanking plate (less hesitation/ flat spots/ better throttle response, less smoke, inlet stays clean, engine is more reiliable)

edit - typo

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club